BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!!

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!! #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
This is just a heads up if any of you decide to look into this company for a steel building. I'm going to build an 80x140 foot steel building for an indoor arena and was calling people on prices and such. After getting several bids these guys were the highest. They advertise that they have these buildings that were bought by someone else, ie Walmart, Good year, etc., who don't even buy from them!!! They tell you that they are liquidating these buildings for a fraction of the cost. Well their initial prices are about 30% MORE not less than anyone else out there right now doing buildings. Then you get on the phone and they tell you you are talking to the plant manager, production manager, etc. In reality it's a group of sales people in one office and they switch you from sales person to sales person and each person is supposedly the CEO, plant manager, etc. WELL it's all a big lie!!!! It's just another salesman posing as the plant manager! I know this is true because I had friend who's a pilot and had a layover there and he went to the plant. Well it turned out none of these people that told me they were what they were were that. He talked to one of the foreman there and they told him that they contract out to these people and that's the tactics that they use. There are no buildings that weren't sold, it's a tactic to get you to buy. You only talk to one salesman after another and NEVER talk to anyone who is in charge. He said they made a good building but he was quitting there because of the selling that they use to get people to buy the buildings.

The reason I had my friend check into it is because after they came back with the highest price, and before I found out about their practices, they called and asked how I liked their price. I said they were too high. Well immediately they dropped their price 10k! I said that still wasn't enough and so they dropped again. They promised me all these extras and everything. I said ok because I thought it was a good deal. Well they sent me the contract, which they overnight and want your credit card immediately and a certified check for 40% of the building price, and it was completely different from what they had said. Instead of a 3:12 pitch it was a 1:12 pitch. Instead of colored steel it was galvalume, etc. I called and said what is this forget it and went with another company. Immediately I get a call back from the supposed, Vice President of the company. He can't believe that this happened and he is so sorry and he is going to give me all this other stuff, skylights, etc. to make up for it. He sends me out another contract and no kidding they call my office 20 times the next day to see how fast I'm sending out the contract and can they have my credit card now! I was busy that day so didn't have any time to talk to them. At this point I'm thinking something is not right here. I talked to one of the salesman from another company, who was really good to work with, and he told me that that was all true. He said they get people's money and then you never hear from them. The buildings are delivered late, pieces missing, not the same quality as promised, etc. That's when I started investigating them. Well I sent them back a contract with provisions for if they were late, missing materials, etc. Well now the vice president calls back and said that he was really sorry he had made a mistake and that he couldn't give the building for that price and he knew I would go somewhere else but thanks for the business. I told him he had made a contract offer and he had to honor it, etc. He said well you haven't signed anything and we don't have a deposit.....

Anyway to make a long story short avoid this company like the plague. Their web address is www.americanmastercraft.com. They do sell buildings but their pracitces are not on the up and up to buy one.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!! #2  
CowboyDoc,

Thanks for the warning. Just the kind of "expose" that kind of operation deserves!

If even one potential customer thinks-twice, your time spent writing will have been worth taking.

For what its worth, I went with a Web Metal building (much smaller, ...40X60 - 16' eaves open-span, etc.) and am very pleased. My girlfriend and I built it ourselves - not easy, but really a well-designed/built unit now.

We are in Oregon. Don't know if they are a national outfit or not.

Larry

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!! #3  
Overnight Fed Ex. , that way they can't get nailed for mail fraud using the U.S. postal service. Real slick.

Thanks for the head up
Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!! #4  
Richard:
You need to complain to your state's attorney general and probably to the federal trade commission since they do business across state lines.
Bob

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!!
Believe me I did and originally posted that but Muhammad wanted me to edit it so that there weren't any legal ramifications for him with this being posted here.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!! #6  
Thank you very much Richard. I just checked with the brother in law. I happens these were one of the companies he had been in contact with. I guess check off that agravation! Thanks, but sorry for your headache.

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!!
I'm sure he knows exactly what I'm talking about then. It was pretty funny though on three different occasions that I called the one guy he said just a minute and acted like he was talking to someone else about this building that had to go out. Well he said the exact same thing about the exact same building in the exact same state!!! Can't believe they even do business the way they do.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ BEWARE AMERICAN MASTERCRAFT BUILDINGS!!! #8  
Thank you for doing that. If people don't get after these creeps they just continue to take advantage of others.
Bob