Bizarre bird death (slightly graphic photo)

/ Bizarre bird death (slightly graphic photo) #11  
Mom caught a pelican the first time I went with her and my step dad to the jetty to fish. She cast out her line and the pelican swooped down and snagged the bait in its mouth.

We managed to get the pelican onto the shore. Took four of us to get the hook out. One to sit and hold the bird. Two people with heavy gloves to hold the jaws open. And the last had a long pair of needle nose pliers, and long pair of nippers. He was able to nip the barb off the hook and the work it out with the pliers.

/ Bizarre bird death (slightly graphic photo) #12  
I get about half a dozen "window crashes" every year. A dickey bird will fly, full bore, into one of my big windows. Scare the crap out of me as I'm napping in my big easy chair. Most will lie on the ground for a short spell then fly off. A few won't.

/ Bizarre bird death (slightly graphic photo) #13  
We moved into our new house in May. It has large windows with no curtains. Flying insects hit the windows constantly. Birds are a close second.

/ Bizarre bird death (slightly graphic photo) #14  
Here is our bizarre happening. One afternoon last September we hear what sounded like a rifle shot and the power went off. Looked out at the power pole and saw that a turkey buzzard had commited suicide:

PA090001.JPG
PA090004.JPG
PA090010.JPG

/ Bizarre bird death (slightly graphic photo)
^^^^^
It really sucked to be him!