Bobcat 873 lift hydraulic cylinder sprung a leak

/ Bobcat 873 lift hydraulic cylinder sprung a leak #1  

Mooseman1616

Tractor
Yanmar 226D
So recently, my well dried up....much agony later....we have water again, and are working on getting our driveway regraded and stoned from having to dig a 60 foot trench to run water lines. I was using my older Yanmar 226d and borrowing a bobcat 873 from my uncle who lives a mile away. Admittedly, the bobcat lives a very neglected life, regardless, it was working well and was indispensable to the task at hand. About two hours into work the right side main lift hydraulic cylinder must have blown a seal and started shooting hydraulic fluid all over the place. I parked it and let my uncle know about it. He told me not to worry about it, that it was a matter of time until this happened....regardless, I can't help but feel guilty as I was the one using it when it blew. I found the rebuild kit, it's very cheap, and I will be taking the cylinder to a reputable shop to have the work done, but can anyone point me in the right direction in removing the cylinder from the machine itself? Any tricks to make it a simpler job? Thanks.

/ Bobcat 873 lift hydraulic cylinder sprung a leak #2  
This guy has some good videos:

/ Bobcat 873 lift hydraulic cylinder sprung a leak #3  
I'd re do both lift cylinders if your uncle has not done either. If they are both old, the other one will go soon. If you are capable of getting cylinder off, then I'm sure you can repair it.

/ Bobcat 873 lift hydraulic cylinder sprung a leak #4  
Another video:

/ Bobcat 873 lift hydraulic cylinder sprung a leak
Thanks!