Bobcat CT225 Front bucket broke!

/ Bobcat CT225 Front bucket broke! #1  

BobcatTR

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
Hi everyone!
I was pushing brush up in a pile with my front fork attachment.
I had the loader arm up, and the forks curled all the way down.
I guess one fork hit a stump in the ground, and it made a LOUD POP.
Now the whole front fork attachment just falls forward.
I can assist it putting it on a stump to roll it back, but it just falls forward.
Is there something in the cylinder than can snap?
Thanks for your advice!
Terry

/ Bobcat CT225 Front bucket broke! #2  
More than likely you popped the gland nut inside the cylinders for the bucket roll. To test, you can remove one end and try to move the cylinder in/out by hand. If it moves easily, yep... internal damage. Could be on just one of them too.... then the fluid is just bypassing.

/ Bobcat CT225 Front bucket broke!
More than likely you popped the gland nut inside the cylinders for the bucket roll. To test, you can remove one end and try to move the cylinder in/out by hand. If it moves easily, yep... internal damage. Could be on just one of them too.... then the fluid is just bypassing.
Thank you! I will check it out tomorrow.

/ Bobcat CT225 Front bucket broke! #4  
Hi everyone!
I was pushing brush up in a pile with my front fork attachment.
I had the loader arm up, and the forks curled all the way down.
I guess one fork hit a stump in the ground, and it made a LOUD POP.
Now the whole front fork attachment just falls forward.
I can assist it putting it on a stump to roll it back, but it just falls forward.
Is there something in the cylinder than can snap?
Thanks for your advice!
Terry
Hey Terry,
I had a similar issue on CT2025, FEL up, forks down, brush hogging, looking back, when moving forward, the tip of the forks snagged a stump. the leverage of the 4ft forks generated enough hydraulic pressure on the curl up line that it ruptured the steel hydraulic line. It split in two places. one on the right FEL arm and one on the cross-over between the FEL arms. In addition, it blew the associated hose.
Had to replace the hose and the entire steel line and fittings running from the floorboard to the cylinder.
Dont waste time and money on trying to order them from bobcat.
Those parts were not in stock in the U.S. So, a local hose shop made up replacement tubing in S.A.E. (not meteic) and the local hose shop made a new hose in S.A.E. (not metric) for 30% of Bobcat pricing on their parts made of unobtainium. all stainless and Parker hose.
Be sure to check hyd oil where it should not be. In addition, there is a one-way pop-it that may become cocked and fail to seat (hold press) installed in the hose inlet. On my CT2025 the hose is color coded blue. The popit/check valve is just before the hose at the 4-hose block just above the floorboard.
It was easy to disassemble and reseat the check properly and reinstall the internal snap rinf into its proper place. The over pressure unseats the snap ring and pushes the check off its seat. the result is zero pressure to curl the FEL.

Well I finally got to take cylinders off front attachment plate.
The left cylinder rod completely fell out.
The threads were all stripped off.
The right cylinder I could not push or pull it out.
So I presume AOK.
Can anyone steer my towards buying another cylinder?
Part number etc?
Loader model # is 7TL
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR REPLIES!

Last edited:
FIXED!
Took the cylinder rod out.
The nut was fully stripped off.
ODD THREADS(BOBCAT)
Not metric, or standard. JEEZ!
Machine shop turned to Standard Thread. (Didn't loose much meat thank goodness). 40.00
New cylinder, per BOBCAT.
850.00 plus shipping.

/ Bobcat CT225 Front bucket broke! #8  
Great to hear you got it back together! A bit of an expensive lesson, but you just learned that the loader has weak spots. Even (or especially) with the bucket.

Great to hear you got it back together! A bit of an expensive lesson, but you just learned that the loader has weak spots. Even (or especially) with the bucket.
I sure did learn my lesson!
That's the way I usually do it!
I learn the HARD way! Lol
That's why I like to read these posts, GREAT LEARNING, before it happens to me!