Bolt-on Plastic Edge for FEL?

/ Bolt-on Plastic Edge for FEL? #11  
I like the concept of this new design of snow edge for the bucket.

/ Bolt-on Plastic Edge for FEL? #12  
I've been using scrap pieces of PVC trim on my bucket, roughly 1x4" size. cut a 45 degree bevel on the front edge, and countersink the four holes for carriage bolts. It's not the most durable material but they were scrap pieces from a shed I tore down. I went through two edges this winter but they were free, and the second one could get a few more storms in if needed.

For next year I plan to get an 8ft piece of Trex decking and do the same with that. Should be a lot more durable than PVC trim and I'll have two cutting edges for $16.

/ Bolt-on Plastic Edge for FEL? #13  
I would suggest getting a snow pusher with the rubber edge. I use it on my concrete section of driveway and also gravel. It hasn't hurt the concrete and shows very little to no wear from the gravel. You can still easily pile up the snow too.

/ Bolt-on Plastic Edge for FEL? #14  
My father always used a treated 2x4. Plenty of depth to countersink the bolts.

No, it doesn't wear right out. The snow, greatly reduces the friction. He always got multiple seasons out of a board.

/ Bolt-on Plastic Edge for FEL? #15  
I put UHMW on my 60" loader bucket this year to prevent driveway catching. It works well. I have the heavy duty bucket so already drilled for a cutting edge. Everybody likes pics.!
20231229_094205.jpg
20231229_094149.jpg