boomer 8n no forward movement

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #1  

brettgrant

Tractor
2009 boomer 8n
I have a brand new boomer 8n with a few hours on it. I backed into some brush to cut last night and could not go forward to get out. I got great big letters in the information box where it shows hours, pto etc displaying the code RP and sometimes N. Big fat letters. I can't find any reference to these codes in the owners manual. Of course it happened on a Friday night and the dealer mechanics will be gone until Monday. Anyone know what's going on?

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #2  
Sounds as if your "go" pedal is sticking slightly. The pedal is very sensitive and can detect the slightest pressure. If pedal pressure is detected during shifting the tractor will not move and will display the "RP",release pedal code. Try putting the shifter in neutral then pull up on the pedal then shift into the direction you want to travel.

I would also find out what's causing the bind. My first thought is the foot throttle cable isn't properly aligned with the pedal under the deck. The cable is in a long slot and may need to be repositioned. If the cable has been kinked due to misalignment,it may need replacing if the problem persists.

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #3  
could some brush have gotten pushed up under there into the pedal linkage?

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #4  
could some brush have gotten pushed up under there into the pedal linkage?

Sure it's possible,but I'm willing to bet it's related to the issue I noted or possibly a bad pedal. There were many similar issues during production.

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #5  
I have a new 8N as well and have had the letter N come up. I just put the tractor in neutral wait a second and put it back in forward or reverse and it worked fine. I've only had it happen twice and I'm not sure what caused it.
I did get the service manuals for it but have not had a chance to review them yet.

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #6  
The Go pedal on these units were a pain in the keester. We had countless failures in the field and in production. Try to unplug the harness to it and check for connectivity. If the problem still persists, it will definately be a defective pedal. Wrenchguy is correct, the RP is for release pedal. Now if you get the tractor in a hard bind and the transmission has not been calibrated correctly it will stall and give the codes. Check to see if you are operating with the antistall switch on. If so you may want to navigate in your user settings and adjust the torque ratio. Good luck.:)

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #7  
Refer to page 2-21 of the Boomer 8N Operators Manual for explanation of the RP and N code and possible problems.

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #8  
I have a brand new boomer 8n with a few hours on it. I backed into some brush to cut last night and could not go forward to get out. I got great big letters in the information box where it shows hours, pto etc displaying the code RP and sometimes N. Big fat letters. I can't find any reference to these codes in the owners manual. Of course it happened on a Friday night and the dealer mechanics will be gone until Monday. Anyone know what's going on?

I have a Boomer 8n and it had a similar problem. I was working in the woods and I suppose a limb went up under the tractor. Stopped the tractor on the spot. The code RP and sometimes N (the N was brief) came on and an amber "!" also came on. When you first turn on the key you should get a 4 digit error code for about 3 to 4 seconds before it shows the RP and the amber "!". On my tractor it showed 2605. In the manual on page 2-18 it says "Transmission speed pedal potentiometer shorted to ground or open circuit". I found a 5 wire connector up under the right floor board that had come disconnected. I had to lie down under the tractor to find both ends. I reconnect it and the tractor is fine.

/ boomer 8n no forward movement #9  
Did you find the cause of your problem? I'm having the same problem. We've checked voltages and connectors, and everything appears fine. Now we are in the component replacement phase. We are going to start with the shuttle shifter, then the go pedal, but these are pretty expensive. I feel like the service rep is lost.