Grading Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84"

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #1  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
Box Blade for a TC35D. 72\" or an 84\"

I am thinking of selling the 60" LP finish mower that came with my Kubota B8200 and getting a boxblade for the TC.
A 72" blade is kind of a given, as the appropriate size to get, but have any of you gone upto an 84" blade ?

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #2  
Re: Box Blade for a TC35D. 72\" or an 84\"

Mark I'm going to be watching this post real close. I don't have a box blade for the TC-40D as of yet and the right size has been a question for me as well.

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #3  

I have a '03 TC40D and bought a new 72" box blade for it this past spring. With the rippers down when building a track out back of the shop for my kids, the 72" was all the TC40 wanted. This was ripping established sod in 6" of top soil with sand composition base under the top soil. Several times it was enough to stall the tractor in low turtle 4wd. If your just spreading gravel, or leveling the dirt without rippers, you could get away with the 84"............Tom Attachment shows finishing the track with a 84" (GRADER) blade and a homemade chainlink leveling drag.........Track was made by making MANY laps with the box blade and scarifiers first...........

Attachments

• 396152-new holland track time.jpg
    396152-new holland track time.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 368
   / Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #4  

Mark, I've stopped my TC45D many times with my 5' boxblade when the scrarifiers hit the right kind of material (roots and rocks mainly). My 66" blade has no scarifiers, so it has never stalled me except when I was in deep sugar sand pulling a box full of sand.

I think you could go with an 84" blade and just not put all the scarifiers down if it ends up being too much for your tractor. Having a 7 ' swath is very tempting. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #5  

Mark,
I have an 84" on my TC40D, and am very happy with it. I think that you can stall out with just about anything depending on what the scarifiers hit. I have a hydraulic toplink that is very handy for adjusting the load. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 84".
Larry

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #6  

Mark, I have a Midwest ( Corriher ) BB30-72 on my TC35D. As previously stated, common sense and conditions are a big part of the load the tractor can manage. I'm happy with the 72", but would appreciate the extra foot when doing my ' annual springtime driveway drag'. Also, I've stopped dead when the scarifiers hit a big rock. Get the HTL though....It makes all the difference.

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #7  

Mark,

To stress the point, you could stall out your tractor with a single middle blade depending on what you were doing. I have a heavy duty 72" box for my TC-30 and have borrowed an 84" box on ocassion. Sure, I can stall it out, just need to take a smaller bite sometimes. As for moving limestone, gravel and topsoil, bigger is better (IMHO). The 84" shouldn't be a problem.

Don

/ Box Blade for a TC35D. 72" or an 84" #8  

Mark

I've had a 98" landpride for my 43hp 2120 since 1987 and pull it just fine. I think I would go with the 72 for the TC35. Mine runs 9 rippers and they will stop just about anything if they hit the right rock or root. I assume most of the boxes let youset the rippers to different depths, it this is the case just set them higher.

Andy