Brake adjustment ?

/ Brake adjustment ? #1  

RickSr

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 20s HST
How do you adjust the brakes on a Mahindra emax 20 hst. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Last edited:
   / Brake adjustment ? #2  
There is a rod going from the pedal to the back of the tractor. On this rod, you'll find a coupling nut (the longer one) and a jam nut. Loosen the jam nut and then adjust the coupling nut to increase or decrease the length of the rod and therefore adjust the brakes. Get the jam nut tight once you're done with it in the end. You'll want some free play on the brake pedal, like an inch or so.

If you have troubles finding the linkage, get someone on the tractor just pressing and releasing the brake pedal while you check for the linkage underneath.

/ Brake adjustment ? #3  
Why do you think adjustment is needed?

I ask as I had an eMax and always thought the brakes were weak. They worked but if I forgot to release the lock the HST would easily overpower them.

I now have a Max26. When those brakes are locked the HST will not move it. BIG difference between the two.

/ Brake adjustment ?
There is a rod going from the pedal to the back of the tractor. On this rod, you'll find a coupling nut (the longer one) and a jam nut. Loosen the jam nut and then adjust the coupling nut to increase or decrease the length of the rod and therefore adjust the brakes. Get the jam nut tight once you're done with it in the end. You'll want some free play on the brake pedal, like an inch or so.

If you have troubles finding the linkage, get someone on the tractor just pressing and releasing the brake pedal while you check for the linkage underneath.
Thanks for your reply.

/ Brake adjustment ?
Why do you think adjustment is needed?

I ask as I had an eMax and always thought the brakes were weak. They worked but if I forgot to release the lock the HST would easily overpower them.

I now have a Max26. When those brakes are locked the HST will not move it. BIG difference between the two.
I think they need adjustment because the peddle seems to be going down much more than when I first got it. The brake works, I think there's just to much play in it.