Briggs & Stratton Hard to Start

/ Briggs & Stratton Hard to Start #31  
Well after machine sat for a week or so I tried to start it, and it started fine so bad vacuum pulse line to pump would seem to have been problem.... Now cheap battery is dying... Cant win...

Dale

I can't remember if you have posted this, but have you checked your charging system?

Also have you check the water level in your battery?

Richard

/ Briggs & Stratton Hard to Start
I can't remember if you have posted this, but have you checked your charging system?

Also have you check the water level in your battery?

Richard

Yeah.... I had issues about 6-8 months ago and found out regulator was bad replaced it with new genuine B&S regulator and it puts out about 14.04 volts (up from 13.07 for battery at "rest") so it's probably ok... Looking at date tag on battery I think battery is about 3 plus years old, there is no really good batteries out there anymore.... Sealed battery can not check water level and no magic eye...

Had battery on slow charger for last 24 hours and its off now, going to let it rest overnight and take reading... Hope it is less then when engine running to prove alternator/regulator is ok...

Dale

Last edited:
   / Briggs & Stratton Hard to Start #34  
After trying everything else, I replaced the intake manifold, to cylinder head gaskets on mine. Seems to be the answer. Starts up real well now.

It was only $6, for both, with tax. Not a big investment to try it.