Brushing trails with skid steer brusher.

/ Brushing trails with skid steer brusher. #1  

Thunder chicken

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota m7060
Our snowmobile club rented an ASV tracked skid steer with a brusher to do some work on some trails that are growing in. The road bed on this section is generally raised several feet. All the problem brush is down over the sides. Most was 3-4? up to 6 or so trees. It痴 been a while, if ever that some of these areas have ever been cut back.
I壇 never really ran anything quite like this before. What a hoot. Here I thought maybe I could get some sort of attachment for my tractor and do some work. Ya right. Not a chance.
The only way I found to effectively work was to go 90ー to the road and curl the mower over the bank. Then go back down the sides with the deck tipped forward a bit to really mow the stumps off that were up on the shoulder. (Lots of dog walkers here)
Was a fun day of destruction and got way more done than I thought considering the amount of twisting and turning and back and forth.
2D739C71-B27E-4106-9EC2-AF9606CD7F65.jpeg93692C86-081F-4BBC-8BA7-991470DEED11.jpeg
Sorry for the sideways photos. It?s beyond my comprehension.

/ Brushing trails with skid steer brusher. #2  
   / Brushing trails with skid steer brusher. #3  
Looks great. I need a machine like that for a couple of days.

/ Brushing trails with skid steer brusher. #4  
Looks good and very effective. I have had good luck using the tractor snowplow to clear bush and small trees and push it into piles. The plow does not tear up the land quite as much

/ Brushing trails with skid steer brusher. #5  
A lot better than a tractor/brush-hog for sure;one with a FECON type head is even better.I had about ten acres cleared a couple years ago after a ten year battle with tractors.

/ Brushing trails with skid steer brusher. #6  
Actually, it's a problem with cellphones. They imbed the rotation which the various platforms don't interpret.