Bucket weight

/ Bucket weight #11  
   / Bucket weight #12  
My brush forks are only attached to the FEL bucket with 6, 1/4"-20 grade 8 bolts with Nylock nuts (3 in each side).

Original thoughts were, if these failed, I would replace the bolting with 3/8" grade 8 bolts.

Still using the same 1/4" bolts.

KC

20200424_153035.jpg20200424_153048.jpg20200424_153124.jpg

/ Bucket weight #15  
can you post few more pics?
OK... Here Goes....
Bucket lip to hold forks rigid to bucket lip...

Bucket-LIP.jpg

Inside of Bucket...

Inside-Bucket-1.jpg Inside-Bucket-2.jpg
Outside of bucket...

Outside-bucket-1.jpg Outside-bucket-2.jpg

Hope these are detailed enough....

Don't know if you are aware of slot in bucket (or if yours has one).... Chain link and lynch pin...

Slot-1.jpg Slot-2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Bucket weight #16  
sweet, looks like you welded the frame up then pins and slot uses to hold in place?

/ Bucket weight #17  
what size metal did you use and where was it used? thanks thinking I can tack something together then take to friend with welder

/ Bucket weight #18  
sweet, looks like you welded the frame up then pins and slot uses to hold in place?
Actually the frame for forks are held in place by the single 1/2 inch bolts in each side..... The slots on buckets and with chain links and lynch pin are added bonus provided with bucket from manufacturer...

/ Bucket weight #19  
what size metal did you use and where was it used? thanks thinking I can tack something together then take to friend with welder
I uses 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x .140 square stock.... Its a bit light, they were made for "light" brush work, but the seem to find their way into heavier work....... Maybe 2 x 2 x .145 would be a bit better..... I have bent some of the tines but 8lb sledge brings the back into alignment.... Across the back was a piece of 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 angle iron but if you go with 2 x 2 for tines I would go with 2 inch angle...

/ Bucket weight #20  
good info, thanks. I got pallet forks (I hate to use cause they damage bucket) for heavier stuff but most of the time total weight 100lbs or less. this may work well for me.
we'll see.
buying plow truck now so tractor stuff taking back seat LOL