buried my 2 bottom plow

/ buried my 2 bottom plow #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
Well the field that's going to be a food plot today I was plowing but like I posted in the past the ground is not level there are high spots and that's what grab the plow, the ground there looks like a badger den! But the back arms won't lift up .

/ buried my 2 bottom plow #2  
We had a posthole auger on an old Ford tractor, we had to keep a second tractor nearby for when the auger screwed itself into the sod and the 3pt could not pull it out. We used the loader on the other tractor to assist the lifting. We are very lucky we didn't break something.

/ buried my 2 bottom plow
Your lucky to have a loader I have one on my tractor but I can't unhook from the 3 pt. Top link is at a 45 might have it locked in.

/ buried my 2 bottom plow #4  
Did you try backing up while lifting? The shape of the plow will push itself out in reverse. Doesn't your tractor have draft control?

Ken I tried backing up the tractor won't move the top link is at a angle and I can't take it off or the pins for the arms. I try beating with a 4 lb beater and see if thar helps or I might have to cut the top link off the tractor does have Draft control even the arms don't come up

I told ya the ground is not level the tractor on a high spot so I will try and dig under the back tires also I have a long piece of 2x2x1/4 steel tube ill use as a lever.

/ buried my 2 bottom plow #8  
Yikes! Sounds like you may have buried it under a rock or something. (Hope it's not a gas pipe.) Try Egon's suggestion. If that doesn't work or starts bending parts instead of seeing movement, all I can say is you better break-out the shovel and see what's down there. You may have to dig it out.

Me? I have a dozer. I'd probably try to lift and pull it out from the rear while someone grannies the tractor in reverse with lift.

Sorry to hear of your predicament. I'm tapped out for ideas.

/ buried my 2 bottom plow #9  
By the way, you just gotta post pictures of this. Not only might it trigger more ideas but also give a better description of the problem. It's hard to imagine a plow buried that deep.

The thing that was keeping the plow down was the top link was sorta crooked plus clay it was wet because it is drizzling. Well anyway the beater came in handy I had to beat the the pin out of the top link and when I did the plow and link straight in out! I Un hook all the pins and started over and drove out it was a choppy ride out, I think I might disc first to level out the high spots then plow.

I would post a pic. If I was at a desktop but I'm on my phone.