bush hog pts shaft for 2020

/ bush hog pts shaft for 2020 #1  

DogT

Silver Member
Tractor
JD2020
I seem to have lost the front half of the PTO shaft for my ancient 'Rebel' 5' bush hog. I was looking at this Amazon.com: Complete Tractor New 313-623 Universal PTO Driveline Compatible with/Replacement for Rotary Mower 146542 CS511SM PM146542: Automotive, will it hold up to the 2020 HP or do I need a stronger series shaft? Unfortunately it doesn't say what series this shaft is. It looks like I need about a 48" working length for the shaft measuring the PTO to drawbar ends and the mower smooth drive to the drawbar couplings.

Or are there better options like this? PTO Shaft - PTO Shafts | Agri Supply 89367

/ bush hog pts shaft for 2020
Well, that rebel bush hog was pretty much beat up by the 2020 which is way over powered for it. The A frame to attach it to the 3 point hitch is really beat up and bent and that's the second one. I did measure the original U-joint and it's 1 1/16" x 2.5" so it looks like the original pto shaft was a size 4 but how that relates to a series is obtuse. Probably series 12 or 14 at best, I never had any problem with the shaft, the bush hog was just not up to the 2020. I really should have a 10' mower, but I don't want to spend the money, they're not cheap. I do have a 451 NH mower, but it leaves the grass laying there to rot and it gets worse as time goes by. But I can cut with the NH in half the time because it cuts a full 7' at one pass, if it doesn't clog up. Plus my place is very steep with trees and rocks around.