Bush hogging is best without front loaders on

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #101  
My view is it depends entirely on the situation and the shredder you are pulling. It's it's a large 3 point mount like the one I have, the loader provides front end weight but if it's a bat wing (Have one of those as well), no counter weight is required. The issue with having the FEL on and shredding is turning radius at corners.

The other issue with having the bucket on and mowing and running the bucket low is, it bends over the tall grass or whatever and as it springs back it looses chaff which gets deposited on your grill and in your radiator.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #102  
What did you get? Don't forget pics.
It's a Massey Ferguson 4707. I started a thread about it in the Rural Living area. My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!!

294208598_10228373152376597_8038422732168341006_n.jpg

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #103  
Eddie, good to see you out there knocking some screws down. Before you know it, you’ll hang up the tool belt and make a living out of it like Im doing. lol
Get yourself a bale spear. I can knock low branches off with mine really well. The smaller lower tines can pick up logs very well.
I put the hay spear on it a few days ago and I was really surprised at how much nicer the Quick Attach was compared to what I have on my other tractor, and what I've used on rental Bobcats. It just never occurred to me that the could be better then what I've always used. It's really nice!!!

But it's so long that I couldn't wait to get it off and put the bucket back on. I only need it to put on a single bale, about every 8 to 9 days. I don't think that I would be comfortable mowing with the hay spears on it.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #104  
I put the hay spear on it a few days ago and I was really surprised at how much nicer the Quick Attach was compared to what I have on my other tractor, and what I've used on rental Bobcats. It just never occurred to me that the could be better then what I've always used. It's really nice!!!

But it's so long that I couldn't wait to get it off and put the bucket back on. I only need it to put on a single bale, about every 8 to 9 days. I don't think that I would be comfortable mowing with the hay spears on it.

Yeah I can see the reluctance at first.
Now I won’t mow without it. It’s my “go to” attachment for mowing.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #106  
1. My view is it depends entirely on the situation and the shredder you are pulling. It's it's a large 3 point mount like the one I have, the loader provides front end weight but if it's a bat wing (Have one of those as well), no counter weight is required. The issue with having the FEL on and shredding is turning radius at corners.

2. The other issue with having the bucket on and mowing and running the bucket low is, it bends over the tall grass or whatever and as it springs back it looses chaff which gets deposited on your grill and in your radiator.

1. It depends on what you want to do. If the field could have objects in it, or its a first time cut, the bucket can be used to feel for objects and dig or carry the objects away. It can also be used as a shield for branches or to hack branches off. It can also be used to carry extra tools (if needed) into the field. Bucket is perfect for carrying tow chains, saws, etc.

2. The operator can raise the loader above the chaff and look under the bucket. Many times I find the bucket pushes over the weed stems and the loose material falls to the ground before it even gets in the radiator.

The bucket can also be brought to the mowing site and dropped in a cleared/mowed area. That way the operator has the bucket if he needs it.

Always better to go to a work site with everything you might need than leave it at home wishing you had it.