Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today

/ Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today #1  

Git-R-Done

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 JD 1025r (Process Buying)
B4 folks start beating up or building up either let me explain my use. Mow 2.78ac. pretty much manicured with trees and gentle slope sandy soil. I went in thinking 324 then while I was there the dealer got a truck with 3 221's, surprise, surprise. I said OK let me take a look as do not want to buy more than what I need. Again I will explain I am 66 years old and will not be adding addtl property so needs will not be changing. In fact next move will probably be 60'X120' lot in neighborhood when can't maintain this property. So took 221 for a quick drive. Pros: Will do the mowing (90% of use) and occasional loader work I need, ergonomics good, good power seemed to be a capable SCUT Cons: No Dif lock, Smaller tires, Single range tran which not sure if crazy about. Some 3 pt pto items, M60SA mower not drive over. M60SA mowers on order and called while I was there looking mid April. I do not think will be performing 3 pt work or very little.

Cost difference without playing hardball is about $1500 between 221 & 324 if finance or cash. That small difference makes me think 324 if nothing else but just for the resale, but what says you?

He met my quote on the 324 cash sale for what my best quote is for Deere 1025r financed.

Git-R-Done

Last edited:
   / Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today #2  
Congradulations! Good choice! Glad you got something you like. Believe you will really enjoy your tractor. Here you can see all the
goodies at work?
the pto is actually 554 rpms not 3200

willy

Last edited:
   / Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today #3  
B4 folks start beating up or building up either let me explain my use. Mow 2.78ac. pretty much manicured with trees and gentle slope sandy soil. I went in thinking 324 then while I was there the dealer got a truck with 3 221's, surprise, surprise. I said OK let me take a look as do not want to buy more than what I need. Again I will explain I am 66 years old and will not be adding addtl property so needs will not be changing. In fact next move will probably be 60'X120' lot in neighborhood when can't maintain this property. So took 221 for a quick drive. Pros: Will do the mowing (90% of use) and occasional loader work I need, ergonomics good, good power seemed to be a capable SCUT Cons: No Dif lock, Smaller tires, Single range tran which not sure if crazy about. Some 3 pt pto items, M60SA mower not drive over. M60SA mowers on order and called while I was there looking mid April. I do not think will be performing 3 pt work or very little.

Cost difference without playing hardball is about $1500 between 221 & 324 if finance or cash. That small difference makes me think 324 if nothing else but just for the resale, but what says you?

He met my quote on the 324 cash sale for what my best quote is for Deere 1025r financed.

Git-R-Done
Have you ever wished your Yanmar 221, 324 or 424 tractor had a differential lock? If so, we have some good news: it already does. To activate the differential lock on your 221, 324 or 424 SA Series tractor, simply press the brake pedal just an inch or two. Pressing the brake pedal will automatically activate the differential lock before the brakes engage. So the next time you need a little extra traction, press the brake pedal to the point just before the brakes engage.

WHAT YOU SAY???????????

willy

/ Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today #4  

Git-R-Done
If you do get the 324, You will not be disappointed, you will really see a difference between them , that 3 horsepower makes a big difference

/ Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today
If you do get the 324, You will not be disappointed, you will really see a difference between them , that 3 horsepower makes a big difference
Pretty much going 329 just because it is a bit bigger than 221, but not enough that it will affect my mowing I don't think. Plan go to dealer in AM with check book in one hand and a stick in the other. Still have some negotiating to do.

/ Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today
Have you ever wished your Yanmar 221, 324 or 424 tractor had a differential lock? If so, we have some good news: it already does. To activate the differential lock on your 221, 324 or 424 SA Series tractor, simply press the brake pedal just an inch or two. Pressing the brake pedal will automatically activate the differential lock before the brakes engage. So the next time you need a little extra traction, press the brake pedal to the point just before the brakes engage.

WHAT YOU SAY???????????

willy
Well, I know 324 & 424 have a actual dif lock the 221 has it as a option. I am guessing u r more saying this technique will act as a dif lock?

Git-R-Done

/ Butt In The Seat both SA221 & 324 Today #7  
YUP!

willie