Buying Advice Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront.

After much thought, I went with a larger tractor with only the FEL.

The backhoe was only a nice to have to me and not necessary. Figured can always ad a backhoe later to a larger tractor.
Went with a 2610H. Great tractor. Very happy with it.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #93  
Most of the backhoe attachments for tractors today are very easy and quick to mount and dismount. Maybe asking for the dealership to demonstrate or show you how one goes on and off before buying would make you a little more at ease with the idea. On my Kioti I can mount and dismount the hoe in less than 5 min.

Can’t give any feedback on the tow along hoe!
I think you need a backhoe mounting frame that is bolted on and then you remove the backhoe from the frame but leave the frame on. The real question should have been how hard is it to add the frame after the tractor leaves the factory. You also need remote hydraulics. If the frame can be bolded on easily then waiting makes a lot of sense, except you are likely to pay for labor.

/ Buying backhoe with the tractor upfront. #94  
I think you need a backhoe mounting frame that is bolted on and then you remove the backhoe from the frame but leave the frame on. The real question should have been how hard is it to add the frame after the tractor leaves the factory. You also need remote hydraulics. If the frame can be bolded on easily then waiting makes a lot of sense, except you are likely to pay for labor.
Unsure at what point of the conversation you are at but I am talking about the mounting and dismounting of a backhoe that comes with today’s tracktors at purchase time.
Most these days are very easy to put on or take off and some brands have designed them so you don’t even have to remove the 3 point Arms when you do.
My Kioti is like this and a portion of the subframe goes on and off with it, which is also a plus for days like yesterday when ground clearance was a very big concern.
My older JD compared is a nightmare as I have to remove things, place them aside, then install the hoe which takes considerably more time about a half hour compared to the 3 to 5 min it takes for the Kioti.
Yes if your talking about adding one after purchase! Then you will most likely need to change things by unbolting parts and adding the subframe or subframe connectors to the tractor and in some cases adding the remotes to power one.
Also need to ask the question before final decision because some models are actually built differently from the start at the factory, and I am told you can’t just add a backhoe to a non backhoe model. Myself I haven’t really researched into this but most who have stated so, seem fairly reliable in thier statements.
I would also assume as with everything there is always a way to build or modify an aftermarket unit to work as I have done to some in the past, but not everyone is going to have the tools needed or even the skills or friends with skills to do it right.
As I stated I don’t know much about the tow along, I have seen them advertised and over the years seen 2 in tow behind pick up trucks on the highway but have never seen one actually doing any work. I would ponder if your digging in real good dirt and not going too far down they may work for some things. I myself would most likely choose to rent something before spending any real money on something that reminds me of a child’s toy.