Backhoe BX Backhoe

/ BX Backhoe #1  

sherbs

Tractor
B7500
I know this is a old question, but who are the makers of a backhoe for a BX model? Have seen some before but am unable to find again. Thanks

/ BX Backhoe #2  
TIC (tongue in cheek)

After looking at the options I decided on the most expensive backhoe attachment for my BX.

You ask your dealer for an L35. What's great about it, is it is so strong it has to have it's own engine and support system (4 tires, 2 legs) so there is ABSOLUTELY no stress on your BX frame or components. It disengages from the BX in just a few seconds. You get off it's seat and walk over to where the BX is parked. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The price is a bit steep (30-40K).

Good news is they come in the matching orange paint.

Actually a backhoe on the BX seems a bit counterproductive unless you are strictly doing waterlines on finished ground or nursery type work (trees not kids).

There are so many times I use my two backhoes that their 10-12? inches of clearance isn't enough. The BX is about half that (until one of us figures out how to get some optional off-a-B2410) wheels to fit!)

I'm not knocking the BX mind you, I have one along with a JD garden "tractor" and the above mentioned backhoes, Kubota L35 and Ford 1710.
Of course when Woodstock visits Kubota Canada I sure hope he pushes my idea for the BX hydraulic suspension retrofit. Remember the Citroen with it's adjustable ride height? Or all those battery in the trunk low and high rider cars that guys make? Heck the Kubota's already got the hydraulics onboard, the lift could be rear PTO driven!

del

ps, the best hoes I've seen are the Kubota brand, whatever those really are, as well as Bradco. A lot of people also swear by the Woods brand as well as others.

/ BX Backhoe #3  
You really don't love your BX?

Bluegrass, Pick It Up!