BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE

/ BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
570 hrs, runs fine, just that temp guage needle never moves more than about 1/8" up from cold even when run hard.

Needle does fall back when ignition is turned off, so that part works.

Where should the temp be? Thinking about changing thermostat.

/ BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE #2  
Get one of those point and shoot laser thermometers and find out what the temp is on lower part of the top tank of the radiator. Shoot the top radiator hose and around the thermostat housing. I'm guessing the normal temp is between 180-190*F.

On my Ford, the gauge reads at the lower 1/3. When it goes substantially above that, I know to start looking for chaff on the radiator and screen. Even during the hot days last summer, the needle only went about one needle width above that normal reading.

/ BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE #4  
A lot of people say their BX runs on the hot side. I had one for 10 years and when mowing heavy grass it would get up near the red. Be glad yours doesn’t.

/ BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE
Wow that's great info thx!

My thermostat needs replacement then. Diesels get carbonded up running at low temps.

/ BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE #6  
Wow that's great info thx!

My thermostat needs replacement then. Diesels get carbonded up running at low temps.
How hard do you work it and how long at a time? Working at full power -- bogging down a little and forcing you to slow a bit when mowing for instance -- the needle should go up to midrange and hold there. When ridiculously hot and working hard continuously it may drive it a little above. Short term, or continuous light work is what yours sounds like. I dont think your thermostat is at fault.

/ BX1500 OPERATING TEMPERATURE
Looks like it is a 160 F thermostat, will do some measuring.