Mowing BX2200 60'' mowing rpms

/ BX2200 60'' mowing rpms #1  

bulky

BX2200 60\'\' mowing rpms

I noticed for the first 50 hours your not suppose to run the engine at max speed which seems ok for my lawn but was wondering do most of you run at max under normal lawn condtions. the mower manual says run at max speed

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bulky on 08/05/01 10:14 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ BX2200 60'' mowing rpms #2  
Re: BX2200 60\'\' mowing rpms

I mow at between 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. Throws grass like a cuisinart. Full throttle is insane unless you need it for heavy matted grass or something like that. I may go up to 1/2 occasionally. I do like to vary the position of the throttle as I mow during break in.

Rogue

/ BX2200 60'' mowing rpms #3  

bulky, this has been discussed a lot in the past. PTO speed is only a couple of hundred rpm under full throttle. Since you have no tach, the standard recommendation for operating PTO powered implements is full throttle, then back off just enough to hear the engine drop a little. Sounds a bit odd, but it works. I would recommend varying the rpm during the break-in, but basically I'd say not to worry about it.

Bird

/ BX2200 60'' mowing rpms #4  

I never use full throttle, I mow at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. It may be true that at rated speed (full throttle minus a touch) a better cut is achieved but I am happy with what I get at the speeds I mentioned. Using th loader and boxblade I run about 1/2 throttle or less. J

Attachments

• 2-61786-Bxmx.jpg
    2-61786-Bxmx.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 107
   / BX2200 60'' mowing rpms #5  

I use nearly full throttle for short bursts of power when I need to lift a load of dirt. When the BX hauls itself out of the hole, I throttle back and shift to rabbit to move gavel to new driveway.

I've only mowed twice so far but it seems to work best at higher rpm...maybe half to three quarter. The deck height seems to matter as well. It didn't look great at 3", but cut beautifully at 2 1/2 with higher rpm.