can i do this???

/ can i do this??? #1  

some zilch

Gold Member
i have your typical detented log splitter valve. i also want to have hyd. log lift on my splitter. i also have your typical two-spool/2 lever front loader valve.

Can i plumb the single spool log splitter valve first, and then connect the "return" port of the valve to the "intake" port of the loader valve, and then connect the loader valve back to tank?

I am thinking that as long as i have the log spltter valve in neutral, i should be able to use one function of the 2-spool valvve to operate the log lift.

comments/insights?

/ can i do this??? #2  
Thats not the correct way but it will work just fine. The only thing is you can only use one valve at a time. What i'm saying is if you try to use both only the first one in line will move. As soon as you bring it back to center the other one will work. The correct way is to get a "power beyond" kit for the first valve if it is made for one. If it were me I would do it like your talking about;).

/ can i do this??? #3  
It will work just fine. You are basically putting the valve in series.

/ can i do this???
good deal guys thanks
i know its not "ideal" but its what i got

/ can i do this??? #5  
When using a log slitter, I believe the logic is, that you load the log first. then split. So therefore, I would mount the loader valve first, and if it has a PB port, use that for the log splitter valve. The fluid from the cylinder will return to tank using the out port. Also, if the first valve in-line is not using all the pump volume, I believe the excess fluid will go to the next valve at the same time, so in essence, you could use two function at the same time with reduced capacity on each, depend on the ratio of fluid used. There is no reason to use both functions in this situation.

Load first , split wood, load agai, etc.

There are usually several different ways to do things, just so what you know best.