Can you cut the grass with a brush mower? A regular yard

/ Can you cut the grass with a brush mower? A regular yard #1  
Tractor
I do not have a tractor yet.
I was thinking about getting a DR Brush Cutter. But can it also cut regular lawns? I'm not in a neighborhood but I still have to cut regular grass in my front yard. Will it work like a regular push mower and get lowel enough, or will it only work like for bushhogging stuff?

By that I just mean will my regular front yard look decent.

/ Can you cut the grass with a brush mower? A regular yard #3  
They used to sell a model that had an interchangeable deck. One for yards. One for brush. Don't know if they still do that.

If they don't, one issue is how low you will be able to cut with a deck that is typically set to mow higher when cutting brush. Another issue is the brush deck is designed to discharge brush/tall weeds. A brush deck isn't really designed to pull yard grass straight up, cut it, and discharge it in a neat pile.

IMO, the general issue with brush mowers is they are pretty expensive. You could buy a Cub Cadet ZTR1 with a 50" deck and Kawasaki engine for about what they are asking for a 30-32" walk behind brush cutter.

In my personal experience, walk behind brush cutters are a heck of a lot of work. If you have tall briars, you're going to get snagged trying to cut them down. I think this is why I see brush mowers listed for $400-$1,500 depending on their age because people don't like the work involved using them to cut brush.