Can't find a new rider

/ Can't find a new rider #11  
How did the Snapper "give up the ghost"? If it's the engine, a cheap HF predator replacement may get you through the summer & serve as a backup down the road after you find/order/get what want. If transaxle or mower deck, maybe a craiglist parts mower can get you through it.

/ Can't find a new rider
Finally found a Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 about 135 miles away at a TSC. Just got her home. Will unload in the morning. Hopefully the last one I will ever need.

/ Can't find a new rider #13  
Gone are the days where you could get a Murray rider for $699 at your local Walmart.

/ Can't find a new rider #14  
My Snapper LT200 riding mower finally gave up the ghost after 20 years. I like the new Snapper SPX line because they have a fabricated deck that is 10 gauge steel. But, they are not to be found. I searched a 200 mile radius and no one has any. One dealer told me that he ordered them last year and has not heard back.
Quick read says that has a Briggs engine and the much maligned K-46 transmission, so you may have dodged some problems.

My next choice is the Cub Cadet XT1. It has a stamped deck. Both Home Depot and Tractor Supply advertise that they carry the line. TSC has it for $200 cheaper. Alas, neither one has any within a 200 mile radius.
Variations of cutting width are available at both HD and TSC locations within 50 miles of me and HD offers free shipping.

• "Smooth Tuff Torq TL-200 Hydrostatic Transmission"

Not familiar with that one or the durability of it.

/ Can't find a new rider #16  
Quick read says that has a Briggs engine an...........
My old Deere had a Briggs engine and it ran just fine for MANY years.
My Troy-Bilt tiller has a Briggs engine and it runs just fine.

/ Can't find a new rider #17  
One has to remember that the company bean counters have the last say in production. They can blow smoke up your butt any way they want you to feel like you got the deal. WRONG, they build to minimum specs, just to get the job done at minimum cost, max profits. Take way too long in life to get the idea, the Bank is not your friend.