Oil & Fuel Century 2028 Fuel Tank

/ Century 2028 Fuel Tank #1  

RamTruckMan

Bronze Member
Locating the fuel tank located under the tractor appears to be a poor location. Is there a problem "banging the tank up" or even tearing it off.

/ Century 2028 Fuel Tank #2  
No locating the tank there is a GREAT idea. It is handy to fill and you don't spill fuel all over the tractor, ground,or your self. It is shielded so you don't damage it. There is a lot of advantages of putting it there. not only is it easy to fill, it makes the center of gavity lower. I am really surprised that all manufatures don't follow their lead.
I do alot of work in the woods and in brush and haven't had any trouble.
leaddog

/ Century 2028 Fuel Tank #3  
It is possible to tear up an anvil if you try hard enough, or long enough.
We need to remember these are little tractors - not brush pushing bull dozers.
I have had to get of my dozer, walk a mile to get the pickup with the chain saw, and cut my way out of a mess.
Guess what? A real bull dozer can and will catch on fire while pushing brush.... tractors are not dozers.
a little common cense goes a long ,long, way.
I'm rather fond of the ease of refueling on the Kukje twins. The low mounted fuel tanks are great while refueling with a 5 gallon can in the Texas wind. I do not like taking a bath in #2 diesel.
The bigger Kioti's (DK 55 & 65) have the fuell tanks mounted low. The John Deere 8000 series also have low mounted fuel tanks.