CK 2510 HST or 2610 HST.. which one?

/ CK 2510 HST or 2610 HST.. which one? #1  

DavenFla

Tractor
RK 37 HST
Same HP (rating) but not at the PTO. I know the all differences in power, weight, hydraulics, engine size and torque, but match the tractor for conditions.... right? I've been at my home for 30 years so most, if not all my land work is done. I'm retired now and I cut grass (5+ aces in Florida), maintain a 400 ft driveway, use the tractor for lifting supplies, PTO generator, etc... nothing outrageously difficult for equipment.

So those who have 2510 HST or 2610 HST... I seeking your opinion or which one you prefer of the two. It appears to me the 2510 would work just fine for me but the 2610 would be more 'capable'. The most common response is... "no one ever said they need less tractor". However if that's the case, where is the cut off point for unnecessary size?

Pricing difference isn't an issue at about $3000. Accessories/implements sizing will be the same but since tractors aren't like a pair of shoes, you can't try them out (a lot) before you buy them. I could rent one, but no.

Just looking for opinions, ideas and experiences.

/ CK 2510 HST or 2610 HST.. which one? #2  
If cutting a manicured lawn, weight may be an issue.
When I was tractor shopping I was between a ck20 and ck30. After operating each, I settled for the 3 range hst.

/ CK 2510 HST or 2610 HST.. which one?
Mostly pasture grass... however that is the number one thing I do with the tractor these days, especially in the warmer months. In Florida, you can watch the grass grow in summer. Wasn't an issue when I had critters...but those days are over.

/ CK 2510 HST or 2610 HST.. which one? #4  
You might consider 2 pieces of equipment. A zero turn mower will cut grass twice as fast as a tractor with belly mower and will probably look better. Then you don't have to worry about the tractor weight on the grass. I'm also looking at the CX2510 and it seems to be a really good size for smaller acreage. I looked at the Bobcat CT2025 (CK2610 but with a Bobcat built loader and smaller bucket) and it was just too big for jobs I'd use it for. Both tractors have the same engine and are rated at the same HP at the same RPM so I'm really not sure why the PTO power for one would be less than the other. It would be cool to hook up both to the same PTO dyno and see what's what. The 1.6L 3A165LWM engine has been around a while and previously used in 34hp tractors so being detuned to 25hp bodes well for longevity.

/ CK 2510 HST or 2610 HST.. which one? #5  
If you ran a JD4100 on that place, you're not going to like CK2510 size-wise as much but it's AND buying a zero turn mower seem the answer... Shorter wheelbase, rougher ride at speed, lighter machine though, but it's easier to store, get on/off and seems the tool for the jobs on the generator and FEL light duty on your place based on the situation. But if you like the 4100's heft, then FEL capacity on the CK2610 is impressive as well as the hydraulic and other comfort options for mowing you can add and still be well under $20K. I almost bought this one. Glad I didn't since width and gates are a big factor at my place.

Zero turn mowers are easier to get on/off, fast and make mowing larger areas fun... And some actually could pull a small sleeve hitch scrape for moving gravel, pull trailers, etc. But I hate being low and in the dirt and dust on mine when it's dry in the summer. But it's sure easy to live with. And you can still use the tractor in the hot/dry/dusty spells when the grass is growing fastest anyway.