Compact tractor options

/ Compact tractor options #41  
Well, here is another example of a tractor Data mistake:10023-mahindra-1626.html.
Notice it states the manufacturer as Mahindra when it is so not. Mitsu makes these just as TYM makes the 2600 series for Mahindra.
I guess TD feels they must also be the manufacturer because it says "Mahindra" on the hoods of these rebranded tractors.
Again, use the link I provided above to forward this to the page owner. In the time it took you to post it here, you could have informed him of the error.

/ Compact tractor options #42  
Again, use the link I provided above to forward this to the page owner. In the time it took you to post it here, you could have informed him of the error.
I don't think I may have processed your post at the time.
I did just now however so thanks.
Email sent.

/ Compact tractor options #43  
I don't think I may have processed your post at the time.
I did just now however so thanks.
Email sent.
I've heard he's pretty good at responding and adding corrections, once verified. But I think he just does this as a side gig, so it can take a few days, sometimes.

/ Compact tractor options #44  

But is it an error?
A lot of manufacturers use generic or other brand components throughout their tractors.

When Massey decided to use Perkins diesels they were still Massey Ferguson tractors. Nobody thought that using a different engine changed the manufacturer.

/ Compact tractor options #45  
Thanks WD. I didn't respond earlier because I didn't have the first hand knowledge like Arrow.

/ Compact tractor options #46  
Maybe it's possible, but how is buying a TYM tractor through a Mahindra dealer going to be cheaper than buying it from a TYM dealer? That inherently looks like one more layer of markup when TYM sells it to Mahindra and then Mahindra sells it to their dealership.

/ Compact tractor options #47  
But is it an error?
A lot of manufacturers use generic or other brand components throughout their tractors.

When Massey decided to use Perkins diesels they were still Massey Ferguson tractors. Nobody thought that using a different engine changed the manufacturer.
It is literally a TYM tractor with a Mahindra engine. Your comment would make sense if it was a TYM tractor changing 'manufacturer' based on Engine. Or, if Mahindra actually built the tractor and had different engine options.

/ Compact tractor options #48  
I've heard he's pretty good at responding and adding corrections, once verified. But I think he just does this as a side gig, so it can take a few days, sometimes.
Ok
It's important to get things straight here in the meantime.
The op is about to spend big money so he should have accurate facts to make his decision.
For instance, TYM makes the Mahindra 2600 series but they do not use the same engine TYM puts in their comparable model.
Nor are the pumps the same as a result.
This could mean part problems for the Mahindra brand tractor several years down the line.
That being said, the 2600 series are one of my favorites w the exception of the 3 pt engagement shift.
A bit tight to the seat for my likes but a fine tractor none the less.

/ Compact tractor options #49  
Maybe it's possible, but how is buying a TYM tractor through a Mahindra dealer going to be cheaper than buying it from a TYM dealer? That inherently looks like one more layer of markup when TYM sells it to Mahindra and then Mahindra sells it to their dealership.
Not necessarily.
Everything has to do w supply pricing agreed upon at the original contract between the two parties.
If the TYM costs say $15,000 to actually build and they sell it to Mahindra for 20K because of volume purchase, then Mahindra can figure out how much profit they want to make based on their pricing.
TYM does the same thing but figures in all their overhead for dealer pricing.
So if material cost come to 15 K with an additional 5K for ancillary cost such as labor, the two tractors end up being marketed for in the ball park pricing barring any incentives either company has.
Considering how this union has ended and if it were me, I'd look for a TYM dealership to buy the comparable tractor and if none is available, I'd wait for the new line of Mahindras to come out if I wanted to stick w Mahindra.

/ Compact tractor options #50  
When I first started looking I could get a Bobcat Kioti cheaper than a Kioti Kioti.