Concrete fake log siding

/ Concrete fake log siding #32  
How is this different from Hardiboard?
Not sure what Hardiboard is?

Rockwool is similar to fiberglass batt insulation, just made from different material. A flexible, compressible, lightweight material that holds a LOT of air. that's how it gets it's insulation value and quiet value.

/ Concrete fake log siding #33  
   / Concrete fake log siding #34  
We did interior insulation in a couple places: between den (TV room) and living room, on half wall behind dishwasher, between master bedroom and living room, and between my office and my daughter's room (she was an infant at the time, naps were important). I just used the same blown cellulose we were using for the exterior walls. Rock wool would have been better but anything that fills the void will make a big difference in noise.

Yes, it helped quite a bit with noise. However, the rooms that are insulated have a noticeable temperature difference in extreme cold weather. Obviously, the insulation creates much more of a thermal break with the rest of the house. When we're running our fireplace, the living room is nice and toasty and the heat makes it through the rest of the first floor and down the hall 30' to where the thermostat sits. But go right next door into the den and you can't feel it at all. That insulated wall really blocks the fireplace heat from that room.

/ Concrete fake log siding #35  
We did interior insulation in a couple places: between den (TV room) and living room, on half wall behind dishwasher, between master bedroom and living room, and between my office and my daughter's room (she was an infant at the time, naps were important). I just used the same blown cellulose we were using for the exterior walls. Rock wool would have been better but anything that fills the void will make a big difference in noise.

Yes, it helped quite a bit with noise. However, the rooms that are insulated have a noticeable temperature difference in extreme cold weather. Obviously, the insulation creates much more of a thermal break with the rest of the house. When we're running our fireplace, the living room is nice and toasty and the heat makes it through the rest of the first floor and down the hall 30' to where the thermostat sits. But go right next door into the den and you can't feel it at all. That insulated wall really blocks the fireplace heat from that room.
Very good point about your heat situation.

Our house is a slab house with radiant floor heat. I don't think it would have made much difference for us.