Connecting hydraulic top link?

/ Connecting hydraulic top link? #1  

dhattaway

Tractor
Branson 4520C
Probably a dumb question but......
I bought a hydraulic top link and I started to wonder, do I need to worry about air in the hydraulic lines when I hook it up? Seems like air in the lines from the link to the block might be a problem?

/ Connecting hydraulic top link? #3  
What Brian said ........

/ Connecting hydraulic top link? #4  
Nope, just hook it up and cycle it a few times SLOWLY! and you're good to go. Worked that way on mine.

Now I did pour a little hydraulic fluid into the ports before attaching the hoses but it barely held any, I just didn't want it to be completely dry the first cycle if that's even possible.

/ Connecting hydraulic top link?
Thanks for the guidance. It’s the first hydraulic attachment I’ve bought and I wanted to check BEFORE I did something stupid!

/ Connecting hydraulic top link? #6  
Nope, just hook it up and cycle it a few times SLOWLY! and you're good to go. Worked that way on mine.

Now I did pour a little hydraulic fluid into the ports before attaching the hoses but it barely held any, I just didn't want it to be completely dry the first cycle if that's even possible.
I did the same with my hydro top link. I didn't do it with my grapple cylinder; it's been fine.