Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040

/ Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040 #11  
The sales person not having an answer to that question is a bit concerning. I wonder how much they really know about tractors.....

They are probably learning. I’m doubtful Bobcat dealers hired experienced tractor salesmen when they reintroduced a tractor line.

MoKelly

/ Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040 #12  
Also, if you use the build tool on the Bobcat website you can see the rear remote under the options. They don't list the third function kit, but that part number is on my invoice so you can provide it to the dealer. To Jchonline's point you shouldn't have to provide that to your dealer. I know the tractor business has somewhat exploded on Bobcat since last year so it might just be part of the growing pains. What I've found is that Bobcat offers just about any option you might want, but not all the implements. I'm going to order an EA grapple, but the 12 week lead time isn't exactly thrilling. The though of waiting til July for a grapple just doesn't work for me right now and my plans.

Last edited:
   / Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040 #13  
I just got my 2040 last week. I asked them to match the price of the 2035 and they did! I couldn't justify the $500 difference for 5hp, that's 100+hp in tuning on my dmax. So far I've been very pleased both with the tractor and the dealer.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040 #14  
Lastly, any feedback from owners on these tractors would be helpful. I know its a rebranded Kioti, just curious if Bobcat owners have had good service with their dealers. No kioti around me.
My Dealer has been very helpful. He is on the road a lot so I talk to him on the phone more than anything, but during COVID I guess that would have been the same anyway. I work away at sea and my tractor arrived at the dealer a month before I'm getting home. He had it delivered to a tire shop of my choice to get the tires filled (they don't do it), he noticed the tractor arrived without rear remotes and had that rectified before delivery, he allowed me to have other brand attachments I ordered delivered to him so he can bring the whole order out (didn't want my wife to have to deal with a 800lb wood chipper at the end of the drive way). Providing free delivery about 20 minutes from the shop.

While I was still shopping in January he left me alone to move a snow pile with the FEL from once spot in the parking lot to another.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040 #15  
I got a call back today from the local Bobcat dealer following up my lead. I said "the one from a month ago"? He said, "No, I just got it today." Considering I am about to make payment #1 on the red machine, I would say their lead gen and lead management is bad. To make it worse, I spoke to 2 people there about 5 weeks ago and traded several emails about what they didn't have in stock. As a former professional sales trainer, that's a big flag. I would add into the mix how well the dealership is on top of communications during the search process.

/ Considering Bobcat CT2035 v. CT2040 #16  
They are probably learning. I’m doubtful Bobcat dealers hired experienced tractor salesmen when they reintroduced a tractor line.

MoKelly
Talking to my sales guy when I purchased mine, he apologized for not having several answers immediately. He said that due to COVID, Bobcat released a series of internal videos about the details of the tractor. But many people only watched them once or didn’t watch at all so their knowledge was low. I think they’ll be up to par very soon given the circumstances.

That said I couldn’t be happier with my tractor or the dealership. I would make the same purchase again if given the opportunity.