Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #111  
Market demands and economics have all but eliminated the use of rBST in the US. The attached chart may alleviate your fears of the US running out of milk.
Your chronic inability to understand my most basic comments and your insistence on manipulating every response I make leaves me no option but to shake my head and walk away.
You just aren't worth any more of my time.

Attachments

• 68487367-CFC0-4A0A-AD74-8D6D32A325EC.png
    68487367-CFC0-4A0A-AD74-8D6D32A325EC.png
    1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
   / Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #112  
The farmers in my area don't want the subsidies.

The people in my area want cheap food.

Can't have one without the other.
Richard IMO the problem with that is us the taxpayer are the ones paying for that subsidie. S0 in fact we are paying more than the price you see at the grocery store. The consumer is always at the bottom of the food chain. pun intended

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #113  
Richard IMO the problem with that is us the taxpayer are the ones paying for that subsidie. S0 in fact we are paying more than the price you see at the grocery store. The consumer is always at the bottom of the food chain. pun intended
Absolutely Murph. Nothing is free. Even though our POTUS says some things are. In regards to the Farm Bill, everything I read says you and I pay less in the end with subsidies. I, like most of my neighbors, don't want subsidies. Let free market prevail. But if we do that then the politicians wouldn't have a Farm Bill to attach all their pet projects to. The worst thing about the Farm Bill is the name. A very small percentage of it is "Farm" related.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #114  
" In regards to the Farm Bill, everything I read says you and I pay less in the end with subsidies."

But us the taxpayer are the ones paying these subsidies...It's our money.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #115  
" In regards to the Farm Bill, everything I read says you and I pay less in the end with subsidies."

But us the taxpayer are the ones paying these subsidies...It's our money.
Absolutely Murph. And it's our money that purchases the consumer goods that cost less because of the subsidies. It's a vicious circle that will never be broken.

We have an example going on today in regards to fuel costs. The moment the government halted domestic production progress the price sky rocketed. So the government asked OPEC to increase production. Why would they? Goes back to my analogy concerning corn production. OPEC would rather sell minimal crude oil at an inflated price. Operational costs go down. Profits go up.

It's the government's philosophy that by subsidizing they can keep prices moderate. Grain production keeps climbing to meet increasing costs of production. Vicious circle.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #116  
Market demands and economics have all but eliminated the use of rBST in the US. The attached chart may alleviate your fears of the US running out of milk.
Your chronic inability to understand my most basic comments and your insistence on manipulating every response I make leaves me no option but to shake my head and walk away.
You just aren't worth any more of my time.

Now do number of dairy farms still in existence over time?
Do number of cows required to support a household.
Production and consolidation have to increase when the margins get thinner and larger scale operations (and equipment) are required to exist.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #117  
Production and consolidation have to increase when the margins get thinner and larger scale operations (and equipment) are required to exist.
I think this is true in all aspects of Agriculture. We can't meet the demand with small farmers anymore.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #118  
"production and consolidation have to increase when margins get thinner and larger scale operations [and equipment] are required to exist"
The situation you describe is ,in part anyway, what happened in the lead up to the dust bowl. Add in the overly valued stocks on the stock market currently = the great depression era factors being pretty much aligned. Food for thought

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards
The latest "Deere & Co won't give out software and data needed for repairs, watchdog told"
"Twelve farm labor, advocacy, and repair groups filed a complaint last week with the US Federal Trade Commission claiming that agricultural equipment maker Deere & Company has unlawfully refused to provide the software and technical data necessary to repair its machinery.
The groups include National Farmers Union, Iowa Farmers Union, Missouri Farmers Union, Montana Farmers Union, Nebraska Farmers Union, Ohio Farmers Union, Wisconsin Farmers Union, Farm Action, the U.S. Public Interest Research Group, the Illinois Public Interest Research Group, the Digital Right to Repair Coalition, and iFixit."

From: Deere unlawfully withholds repair tools and info, FTC told

Its really good to see so many groups getting involved in this. As everything from tractors to cars get more computers and software it gets easier to restrict access. There is more $ in servicing than in the sale. Nothing wrong with that but when it effectively inhibits competition then it needs to be stopped. Otherwise we will all pay exorbitant prices for repairs.

Mike