Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P)

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
This is why kids have no business being on equipment. Another tragedy that should have never happened.

GAFFNEY, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Cherokee County Coroner Dennis Fowler said a 3-year-old Gaffney child was killed on Monday after being thrown from a front end loader. Fowler identified the child as Kameron Lee Hall. He said the child died just before 7 p.m. at Mary Black Health System in Gaffney.

典he toddler was seated between the legs of his grandfather who was operating the Bobcat loader about 6 p.m. The bucket of the unit was loaded with brick and toppled forward when it became off balance ejecting the child from the seat. The victim's head struck the loader before his body came to rest on the ground, Fowler said.

Fowler said an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Copyright 2015 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loade - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #2  
I know what the grandfather and the family are going through with this tragic event. It happened in my family. Twice. Two cousins, they were brothers. The 12 year old ( my best buddy) was using an 8n tractor to feed hay before school. My Aunt found him with the tractor on top of him when he didn't show back up to the house for the school bus. 5 years later, the 5 year old was on my uncles lap as they were brush hogging some sagebrush and was thrown off, going trough the brush hog. That was 50 years ago. Im still wrestling with emotions when I see accidents like these. My thoughts and prayers are with this family.

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #3  
In both cases, how absolutely terrible for everyone:(

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #4  
No doubt a bad situation for all involved but humans sure do some stupid things from the lack of common sense.

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #5  
Totally preventable.

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #6  
Wow. How horrible. I will say a prayer for the relatives. The Child is already in heaven.

MoKelly

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #7  
This is a terrible tragedy and unfortunately it won't be the last one we hear of...some people will always have the attitude that "It can't happen to me". :mad:

/ Coroner: 3-year-old dies after being thrown from front end loader (C&P) #8  
How sad. A life can change dramatically, or end, in a split second. I can't imagine the grief in that family, or in the other that experienced 2 such tragedies.

I consider myself to be "aware" of the dangers when operating tools/tractors. Even so, I've made mistakes that could have gone badly. Life is both precious and fragile - so it pays to think even the seemingly simple things through.

Prayers to all those involved in these devastating accidents.