Corroded tractor rims

/ Corroded tractor rims #1  

GREGJR

Tractor
KUBOTA BX2350, 1968 Wheel Horse Commando 8, Kubota T1600H, T1400H, T1560 40"mmm ,w/T2738 Snowblower,Jacobsen 52" Zero-turn, Humbolt 3 bin bagger,
Hello all, I posted this on a Yanmar owners group as well. Just picked up at YM 155D with factory loader from a buddy of mine. Clutch was frozen. With help from Hoye and you guys, I was able to replace clutch and all parts to make it work like it should. I am new to Yanmar but not tractors. Most of my experience has been with Kubotas and older American tractors. What a machine this is! My issue now is corroded rear wheels. They need help. Hoye says they have the centers but not complete wheels. Looking for any suggestions on maybe other wheels anyone has luck using or any other suggestions. I am not afraid to cut, grind and weld, whatever needs to be done. Looking to see if anyone has used other wheels with any success. Thanks

/ Corroded tractor rims #2  
I'd say grind, weld and patch as at the top speeds of a tractor wheel balance is simply not a problem.
Just grind and polish to prevent chafing of inner tubes.
My local truck/tractor tire shop does this frequently as standard practice.

/ Corroded tractor rims #3  
There are likely automotive wheels that will fit those tires but you might have to drill new lug-bolt holes.

As a last, and expensive, solution, there are specialty wheel manufacturers. Here's one:
But I think repairing what you have is a better solution.

/ Corroded tractor rims
Thanks guys...Thats my thoughts too.. work with what I have