Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast

/ Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast #1  

JSancho832

Tractor
Craftsman dyt 4000
My craftsman dyt 4000 battery dies fast. I bought a brand new battery and still not staying charged. I got everything clean of dirt and dust so it should be charging while its running but its not. I need some of y'alls expertise to get this fixed. I have to jump start it everytime i need to mow the yard and that cant be good for it. Thanks

/ Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast #2  
Welcome to the group. We really should know which engine (Brand/ Model /Spec) is on yours to do much troubleshooting. Do you have a multimeter and have you had that new battery load tested?

/ Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast #3  
As soon as finished mowing,dis-connect either battery cable. If it starts a few days later when cable is re-connected there's something sucking power while sitting. Come back and we will walk you through finding drain.

/ Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast #4  
My craftsman dyt 4000 battery dies fast. I bought a brand new battery and still not staying charged. I got everything clean of dirt and dust so it should be charging while its running but its not. I need some of y'alls expertise to get this fixed. I have to jump start it everytime i need to mow the yard and that cant be good for it. Thanks

Jaxs has a good point. Disconnect the battery when not in use. :) AKA, kill switch.

I had a DYT4000. I know your PAIN all too well.

Replace the solenoid. It causes too many problems. Replace the PTO switch. It too causes too many electrical problems. And should those two NOT solve it, the battery drain is at the PTO magnetic clutch. IF it is, it's cheaper to by another used DYT4000 or similar model.

FYI, this machine was made by Husqvarna. Husqvarna last week has EXITED the rider mower business effect immediately. Part supply is only good for the next 5 years. BUT, with C19 parts shortages, expect it to be way less. Likewise other rebadged brands fall under this ordeal too.

/ Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast #5  
Has anybody actually checked to see if the charging system on the engine is actually charging the battery. If you put a volt meter across the battery terminals both running and not running what is the voltage.

If you could post the model number from under the seat it would make things a lot easier to research for possible issues.

/ Craftsman Dyt 4000 battery dies super fast #6  
Hit the YouTube and find a few videos about ‘riding mower not charging’ or similar searches.