Cranking after fuel filter replacement

/ Cranking after fuel filter replacement #1  

bulldog7

Tractor
Yanmar 1610D
I own a 1610D Yanmar and for the first time replaced the fuel filter. I turned off the fuel, replaced the filter, filled the bowl with fuel and put it back up. The engine started fine but quickly ran out of fuel. I finally got the air out of the system but it took quite a while and some wear and tear on the starter. My question is what is the best way to get it off air when I need to do this again?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

/ Cranking after fuel filter replacement #2  
Just as you did plus crack the nut loose at the injectors... crank until all the air seems to be gone and snug them up... KennyV

/ Cranking after fuel filter replacement #3  
In some machines you can turn the ignition key far enough to run the electric fuel pump without having the starter motor turn.

kj

/ Cranking after fuel filter replacement #4  
pull starting can also take some heat off the starter after a bleed and no-fire issue.

soundguy

/ Cranking after fuel filter replacement #5  
G'day and welcome to TBN have a look on the injector pump for a bleeder screw and bleed the fuel up to this before you start it and it should fire up without bleeding at the injectors:)

Jon

/ Cranking after fuel filter replacement #6  
I have a Yanmar F13D and recently changed the fuel filter. On mine, there is a spring loaded plunger on the fuel pump that when pushed, bleeds the air in the system from the tank to the pump. I pushed mine until no air came through and it started right up. If you are still having a fuel delivery issue, make sure the replacement filter has the correct flow rate, as filters are different as to how much flow they allow through the filtering element.

After replacing mine, I couldn't stop a small leak around the fuel bowl. I replaced the O-ring and bowl with a new one from Hoye Tractor. If you're still getting air in your system, check this area as the old bowls that are plastic tend to chip at the top where the O-ring seals.