Curious if BX23S seems appropriate? .58 Acre, Many Projects

/ Curious if BX23S seems appropriate? .58 Acre, Many Projects #11  
Agree on Kubota's TLBs. They are amazing....all of them. Several companies have tried to build a line of compact TLBs, but only Kubota has been successful long term. The big downside that you always see mentioned is the price, but maybe that is because with the TLB they are deliberately marketing top quality more than lower price. If you do get one, see if they offer a hydraulic thumb. That is a very useful feature.

However, unless you plan to also use the BX as a lawn mower you should also check out the B26 TLB. It's quite a bit more machine. If you do go with the BX or the B26 on a lawn, consider that either one can be ordered with turf tires.

As for concrete block construction, I won't even go there. We had one once in a nearby town with clay soil - so I know what you are dealing with when it comes to pressure against the foundation.

It's probably worth your time to study up on how to build a good long-lasting drainage system that can be cleaned out. I've put in several drainage systems to dewater saturated and low areas around our property & others. They all worked well at the start, but after a few years my early designs gradually failed and had to be replaced. There's no substitute for experience, so our later versions work a lot better.
rScotty

/ Curious if BX23S seems appropriate? .58 Acre, Many Projects #12  
I’ve been very pleased with my BX23. ‘I’ve had it for 10 yrs.I had only a couple digs where the tractor was not up to the task. One was a very Bonney hard pack that I simply could not get into. The other was a clay bank taht was hard and again could not break it down. The hoe was moving the machine rather than the other way around. The rented excavator had enough weight to deal with it. I welded hooks on the FEL and the BH bucket which has made rigging things up very simple and much safer. I have a 2660 for mowing, BB, tiler, etc, so the 23 stays in its configuration. Great little machine, very capable and for .5 ac, the right size.

/ Curious if BX23S seems appropriate? .58 Acre, Many Projects #15  
I absolutely love my BX23S for the multitude of jobs that it can do. It is perfect for my use, and it's capabilities surpass what I dare to do. For a smaller property it is a very nice fit, not overkill. If there are bigger jobs, i know people ... with larger tractors.

/ Curious if BX23S seems appropriate? .58 Acre, Many Projects #16  
We have both a BX2230 and a B26TLB backhoe. We love the both and use the accordingly for the job at hand. Even though with 80 acres, we use th BX for mowing the small clearings, snowblowing a 3/8 mile drive, and either hauls the 275 gal water tank to water the newly palnted trees. The backhoe is used for digging holes for trees, digging big rocks out, hauling logs for the sawmill and firewood. Both were used for back filling around the foundtions during construction. Jon