Curious Oil drip on zg222

/ Curious Oil drip on zg222 #1  

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 with BH FEL, Kubota L4400 HST with FEL, Polaris Ranger, BCS 720
I recently bought a kubota zg222 mower with the fabricated deck from a friend. I've done all the fluid and filter changes necessary for the 200 hour mark. I do not like how the mower slings so much dirt out from under the deck but I've been putting up with it for now. I noticed the cut was getting ragged so I lifted the front up with my tractor and put a quick edge back on the blades while awaiting the new ones I had on order. The new ones have arrived so I was taking the mower over to my shop when I noticed a drip coming from the side of the motor. I initially thought it was going to be gas since it smelled a little like it was flooding.(mower wouldn't start since the battery was low. I charged it and it now reads full and started right up.) Back to the problem, after I stopped i checked and discovered the drip was oil. I wasn't familiar with what the area it dripped from actually was so i consulted the manual and saw that it was labeled as the oil cooler connection. It looks like an insulated wire that goes through a fitting into the side of the engine.

Why would it leak there? Could it be coming from that area due to me lifting the mower up on the front end with my tractor (slings around the caster wheels)? I've googled this problem and haven't found anything. Could it have something to do with me choking the mower and not being able to start due to the low battery? I don't think so but I decided to wait on lifting the mower again to change the blades until I determined what caused the oil drips. It wasn't much since the oil level is normal. I have attached a photo from the manual. The area is labeled as 3. 20200906_185229.jpg

/ Curious Oil drip on zg222 #2  
That appears to be an oil pressure sensor that I presume threads into an oil galley in the block. Perhaps remove the sensor and put some Teflon tape on the threads.

/ Curious Oil drip on zg222
Thank you for the response. I'll check into that.