Damned Trans Strainer 4035

/ Damned Trans Strainer 4035 #22  
I just did the 50 hour on my 4550. The dealer told me not to bother with the strainer that I wouldn't find anything there and was just wasting time. I planned on removing it but added my hydraulic fluid and then remembered it. Hope the dealer was right.

I chuckle at this because me Dealer's service manager told me he has seen the strainer collapse from gunk buildup.
hugs Brandi

/ Damned Trans Strainer 4035 #23  
In the future, someone posted that on the 35 series there is a same sized opening covered in with a O-ringed plate directly on the other side of the sump housing. This allows you to remove the screen, clean all the mud out of it, then put it back in without dealing with the big hoses on the right side of the sump. If it was my tractor, I would put the screen back in... but that's just me.... :)

This may be an old thread, but I wanted to share that you can get to the strainer by removing the plate on the left side of the transmission adjacent to the other side. I had to remove the loader bracket that goes from the front of the tractor to the back of the tractor and that gave the strainer enough room to come out. The plate that covers the strainer, has a gasket on it that was still reusable.

/ Damned Trans Strainer 4035 #24  
Yeah, I would clean it and put it back in, then you are good to go for 1000 hrs, at least on the PST transmission, can't speak for the other models of the 4035.