David Brown 950 Tractor

/ David Brown 950 Tractor #1  

zonta223

Platinum Member
Tractor
Foton FT404, International 444 with forklift, International B250, Kubota L2000DT, Truck converted to all terrain forklift and lots of other junk
I just aquired a David Brown 950 Tractor and need information about it. Does it use the transmission oil for the hydraulics?? I can find the filler for the transmission/pto drive/fonal drive but am at a loss to find either a hydrualic tank or filler. any help would be appreciated

/ David Brown 950 Tractor #2  
My knowledge of David Brown tractors is near zero. Older tractors generally used the same tractor hydraulic fluid for the transmission as well as the hydraulics. They have no separate reservoir for tractor hydraulic oil. The tractor frame serves as the reservoir as well as the transmission bath. There is probably some kind of screen inside the frame acting as a filter. I do not know about the David Brown specifically but in many cases removing the panel to access the filter screen will also allow all the fluid to escape. Be prepared. There are probably five to eight gallons of the stuff inside. I guess that would be 21 to perhaps 35 liters. They were a really good old tractor. Good luck with it. David Brown 95 Implematic | Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

/ David Brown 950 Tractor #3  
I just aquired a David Brown 950 Tractor and need information about it. Does it use the transmission oil for the hydraulics?? I can find the filler for the transmission/pto drive/fonal drive but am at a loss to find either a hydrualic tank or filler. any help would be appreciated
The 1965 David Brown 880UE Implemantic that we have used the same oil for the transmission, rear hydraulics and rear end. The final drives have separate oil and have to be filled/drained separately.

Aaron Z

/ David Brown 950 Tractor
Thanks for that. Just confirms what I thought. Now I just have to find a oil that meets the old types listed for this tractor.

/ David Brown 950 Tractor #5  
Thanks for that. Just confirms what I thought. Now I just have to find a oil that meets the old types listed for this tractor.
Any modern UTF should meet the specs, its just gears and a hydraulic pump. I used the house brand from Runnings that claims to the Kubota SUDT standard as that is what we run in our newer Kubotas.

Aaron Z

/ David Brown 950 Tractor #6  
I have a david brown 1200 and I run Rotella 15-40 in the transmission, engine and even power steering pump. Also in the injector pump.