DIY foam filling for small tires?

/ DIY foam filling for small tires? #11  
While discussing foamed tires----

My CUT tires are seriously weather checked and scary.
Did buy a new set but they 'weather checked' over the first winter.
My size is simply not available anymore any where so I want to 'foam' them. (usage wise they have perfect threads)

Can someone suggest a foam filler facility near Montreal that I can go to.
Many attempts to locate one have so far been unsuccessful.

It’s usually recommended to not fill tractor tires. They’re hard and run more risk of damaging the axel. Also it’s expensive. Probably $200-300 USD to fill a front tractor tire.

/ DIY foam filling for small tires? #12  
It’s usually recommended to not fill tractor tires. They’re hard and run more risk of damaging the axel. Also it’s expensive. Probably $200-300 USD to fill a front tractor tire.
Well 4 sure I'd prefer a new pair but absolutely none are available in my size (9.5 x 18 R3)
Seems I got the last pair In Canada and they weather checked scary like over 5 months.
I fought and they finally issued a cash refund as none were available.
LOL, they wanted me to return my defective rears but could not find replacements.
So, I would ride on rims?
Being 4 x 4 I absolutely need to respect ratios and while I can fit smaller rears I can't go smaller in the front and as you know ratios must be respected.
Ergo, foaming the rears is my answer.
As I mentioned, no noticeable wear, heck they only have , more or less, 60 hours of usage.
OK, I know the ride will be rougher but so is chaining up the rears.

/ DIY foam filling for small tires? #13  
Well 4 sure I'd prefer a new pair but absolutely none are available in my size (9.5 x 18 R3)
Seems I got the last pair In Canada and they weather checked scary like over 5 months.
I fought and they finally issued a cash refund as none were available.
LOL, they wanted me to return my defective rears but could not find replacements.
So, I would ride on rims?
Being 4 x 4 I absolutely need to respect ratios and while I can fit smaller rears I can't go smaller in the front and as you know ratios must be respected.
Ergo, foaming the rears is my answer.
As I mentioned, no noticeable wear, heck they only have , more or less, 60 hours of usage.
OK, I know the ride will be rougher but so is chaining up the rears.

If you’re changing all 4 you can put a different size on. You’d just have to figure out how many times the front axel turns per turn of the rear axle and then get a pair with the right rolling ratio.

/ DIY foam filling for small tires? #14  
If you’re changing all 4 you can put a different size on. You’d just have to figure out how many times the front axel turns per turn of the rear axle and then get a pair with the right rolling ratio.
I fully understand that but since my fronts are already 12 inches I'd find myself needing what? 10 or 8 inch wheels?
That would make using my FEL rather difficult or near impossible.

As to calculating front/back rolling distances, I've been thru that exercise.
OK, I have found suitable vehicle rears ( but again they were a rare size mainly used on jeeps for rock climbing) and since that sport is not common in my area, simply not to be found.

Since my crappy rears still have near virgin treads I still thing foaming is my answer, if I can find a source to foam them locally.
So far any foaming folks I've contacted simply don't reply to inquiries.
Also I would not wish to need to ship my wheeled tires 1/2 way across the country to have them foamed.

The shame of it is otherwise I have a perfectly reliable, useful CUT that has served me well to date.

/ DIY foam filling for small tires? #15  
Actual tire foam is like a urethane rubber compound. Calling it "foam" is misleading and has led people to try and use expanding foam to do small tires.

I suppose it would work if you had access to closed cell foam for smaller tires....but all the stuff in cans is open cell.

And I wouldnt do it on a tractor. Mixed results on small stuff as mentioned, like wheel barrows and carts, but I agree....solid tires are just too cheap and easy to come by