DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity

/ DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity #1  

Timbgf

Tractor
none
I am looking for a tractor with the ability to lift 1 ton on the front end with forks. I need to remove pallets from a semi and then move them around the property. By the numbers (and you tube) it looks like it will do it. The NX seems like a better fit but there is a good deal on a 22 dk4710. Looking for real world experience on wether this will sufficiently move this weight on forks. I don't want to be white knuckling and worrying about tipping. Thanks for your advice.

/ DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity #3  
Timbgf, when you say "move [the pallets] around the property," what is the surface/terrain you'll be working on at your place? And how quickly must you work? Both factors can really affect stability when you're underway. On flat, even terrain, and able to take your time, you'd probably be just fine with the slightly smaller-framed DK 10 series. But bouncing over humucky turf, or traversing an incline, the forces can shift quickly.

Last edited:
   / DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity
ITs just dirt, mostly level. Not looking to fly around the property, just move the stuff safely. Thanks for your reply.

/ DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity #5  
I am looking for a tractor with the ability to lift 1 ton on the front end with forks. I need to remove pallets from a semi and then move them around the property. By the numbers (and you tube) it looks like it will do it. The NX seems like a better fit but there is a good deal on a 22 dk4710. Looking for real world experience on wether this will sufficiently move this weight on forks. I don't want to be white knuckling and worrying about tipping. Thanks for your advice.
May want to look into the NX series transmission/servo issues before deciding.

/ DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity
May want to look into the NX series transmission/servo issues before deciding.
I have come across a few mentions of that. Something to do with the drive by wire system? Thought that was a few years back, is it still prevelant?

/ DK 4710sech-tl with cab lift capacity #7  
I have a DK4210HSE w/cab - same capacities as the 4710. It will lift it. You may want to have at least something on the 3-point to help counter-balance the load up front. Typically I'll have the box scraper loaded up. My rear tires are filled too - but I did this when I first purchased the tractor so not sure what it's like without. BTW, I LOVE the tractor. Heat in the winter and nice cold AC in the summer!