DK35 hydraulic fluid light.

/ DK35 hydraulic fluid light.
Thank you that gives me some actual numbers to check against.

I don't think it is the filter clogging up. Would think the light for low pressure would come on when fluid was cold and thick. Filter has about 100 hours on it. Do you know if there is some kind of pickup screen on hydraulic pump. Need to find a flow chart of fluid.

Probably best thing for me is to start by changing hydraulic fluid and filter. Will look at what drains out and cut filter open for a look. My luck I will change fluid then bust a hose or something and loose 5 gallons worth.

Can you check that 53 Celsius ? Converts to 127 Fahrenheit which is low. Would figure at least 250 degrees before saying it was hot.

Well manual says if light comes on to change the filter. So fluid and filter change it will be.

/ DK35 hydraulic fluid light. #14  
Well manual says if light comes on to change the filter. So fluid and filter change it will be.

Good plan. If the light comes on again before you have a chance to change the oil/filter you might try this: Stop the engine and then turn the key back to "on." If the problem is over-temp (real or sensor error) the oil will still be hot and the light should come back on. If the problem is pressure, the light should stay off with the pump not turning. It might be useful to know of you are indicating a pressure or temp issue.

/ DK35 hydraulic fluid light. #15  
Good plan. If the light comes on again before you have a chance to change the oil/filter you might try this: Stop the engine and then turn the key back to "on." If the problem is over-temp (real or sensor error) the oil will still be hot and the light should come back on. If the problem is pressure, the light should stay off with the pump not turning. It might be useful to know of you are indicating a pressure or temp issue.

Now that is thinking "out of the box" :thumbsup:

Changed fluid and filter today. Fluid was clean. Has magnets on both drain plugs and going into filter. Magnets were ok had some build up but nothing much too it. Did find wire pulled loose from vacuum switch. I may not have had a problem but the wire being off. Will find out soon I guess.

/ DK35 hydraulic fluid light. #17  
I have the same problem. I bush hog for about 1.5 hrs and my hydraulic oil light comes on. I turn off engine
and turn back on switch and light comes back on telling me it is overheating the oil. I had the oil and filter
changed twice but get the same results??? What is the problem. The shop said sticking valves and flushed
out the hydraulic system and changed the oil and filter. It did not solve the problem??HELP

/ DK35 hydraulic fluid light. #18  
On my DK45S there is two sensors on the hydraulic filter. One for vacuum to check for clogged filter, and the temperature sensor. In order to turn on the dash light both sensors have to be tripped. In cold weather the cold oil will turn on the vacuum sensor but won't turn on the light because the temp is too cold. When running warm the temperature sensor will trip but won't turn on the light because with warm/hot oil there is enough flow through the filter to not trip the vacuum sensor. So in order to turn on the dash light the oil temp has to be above a certain temp and the filter would have to be clogged.

Had a fault vacuum/pressure sensor a few years ago and would act just like the above cases and turn on the light after running for some time period.