DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch

/ DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch #1  

ge66

Tractor
Simplicity Broadmoor
This tractor is a DK40(CH)SE with cab, loader. It was time for all the maintenance for 200 hours, change oil, hydraulic fluid, oil filter, front axle fluid change, hydraulic filter, HST filter, air filter, fuel filter Completed last week. No issues.

June 14, few days ago, I connected 3 point hitch wood chipper and chipped a load of brush, ran for an hour or so, no issues.
Monday, June 15, had another load of brush, chipped for an hour in the morning, no issues.
Monday, June 15, yet another load of brush, started the tractor, ran it up to full throttle, walked around to the back to feed the chipper, tractor died as if someone had hit a kill switch.

What I did:
Immediately tried to restart - nothing. No power to the dash indicators, nothing when turning to start. Just in case, I put jumper cables on from the truck, still no power to dash and nothing turning the key to start. No lights, turn signal, horn, nothing.

What I致e done:
-Visually checked, rechecked all the fuses - 2 60A slow blow fuses on left side of the engine, the bank of fuses under and to the right of the steering wheel, the bank of fuses on the left side of the cab.
-Disconnected, cleaned, reconnected all the major contacts, battery, ground, alternator, solenoid.
-Crawled under/around pulling/wiggling/fiddling with every wire/harness/connection I can find/see/reach to see if I can get any sign of life.
-Removed, tested continuity of all 4 relays under the hood. All good.
-Removed tested continuity of 3 diodes, one on left side of engine that is associated with one of the 60A fuses, 2 associated with the relays under the hood. All good one way.
-Checked all fuses listed above with multi-meter for continuity. All good.

Other considerations:
-Battery is only about a year and a half old.
-I have occasionally heard clicking under the hood, which I have figured out was probably a relay, which raised my suspicion about the relays - but they seem to test to be ok.
-I haven稚 kept really close tabs, but it seems I have had to jump start the tractor more than I would expect. We do not get to use the tractor as often as I would like but I am not sure the lack of use justifies jumping as often as I have. Again, I am not blaming the battery since nothing happened when jumping after the 遡ill?

Current status:
No sign of life, no lights, turn signals, horn, dash indicators, nothing.

I would be glad for any suggestions. Thank you so much!!

/ DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch #2  
I'd probably start with the basics - check your battery voltage. Do you have power to the ignition switch? Do you have power past the ignition switch? If you frequently have to charge or jump to get it started you may have excessive current draw somewhere even when power it turned off. If you have a computer that COULD be the culprit. I suspect this will come down to point to point troubleshooting. A schematic would be very helpful.

/ DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch #3  
What I did:
Immediately tried to restart - nothing. No power to the dash indicators, nothing when turning to start. Just in case, I put jumper cables on from the truck, still no power to dash and nothing turning the key to start. No lights, turn signal, horn, nothing.

What I致e done:
-Visually checked, rechecked all the fuses - 2 60A slow blow fuses on left side of the engine, the bank of fuses under and to the right of the steering wheel, the bank of fuses on the left side of the cab.
-Disconnected, cleaned, reconnected all the major contacts, battery, ground, alternator, solenoid.
-Crawled under/around pulling/wiggling/fiddling with every wire/harness/connection I can find/see/reach to see if I can get any sign of life.
-Removed, tested continuity of all 4 relays under the hood. All good.
-Removed tested continuity of 3 diodes, one on left side of engine that is associated with one of the 60A fuses, 2 associated with the relays under the hood. All good one way.
-Checked all fuses listed above with multi-meter for continuity. All good.

If the dash is dead then the checks you are doing are important. Focus on fuses and the ignition switch.

I am not sure how you checked the fuses and relays. One way is to pull them and measure resistance. If possible it is worth confirming that 12 volts is getting through to major components such as fuse panels. Switch your meter to voltage mode and test between a ground point and various contacts. Getting access to a wiring diagram would be helpful to understand the results.

Good luck

/ DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch #4  
Let's cut the problem in half. Check for 12v between the starter motor post and ground. If you don't have 12v there, work towards the battery. If you have 12v at the starter motor post, start working towards the key switch. You should have 12v at the key switch power feed (heavy red/white). Most of the time, this type of issue is between the starter motor and the battery, but this is a good place to start so you can start isolating where you lost power.

Hope this helps,

/ DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch #5  
Let's cut the problem in half. Check for 12v between the starter motor post and ground. If you don't have 12v there, work towards the battery. If you have 12v at the starter motor post, start working towards the key switch. You should have 12v at the key switch power feed (heavy red/white). Most of the time, this type of issue is between the starter motor and the battery, but this is a good place to start so you can start isolating where you lost power.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for posting on this. You make it a better forum for us Kioti owners!

/ DK40(CH)SE died from full throttle as if there was a kill switch
I致e gone over things with a multi-meter. Battery is giving 12 volts, there is power to the solenoid, the alternator, starter switch, all the relays, the fuse panels. Thanks everybody for your help, I am crying uncle, dealer is picking it up tomorrow.