Backhoe DK45 subframe

/ DK45 subframe #11  
I have the same tractor and loader you have. I found a Craigslist deal on a woods bh80-x backhoe. I bought the 4-point sub-frame mounting kit,(woods #1011025) it does not bolt up directly to the loader. I drilled holes in the front arms, and added some spacers to make it fit. The 4-point is a better mount in my opinion. I can take a close up picture if you'd like.

at leastyou could get a can of the right color paint for that sweet set-up:D

/ DK45 subframe #12  
I have the same tractor and loader you have. I found a Craigslist deal on a woods bh80-x backhoe. I bought the 4-point sub-frame mounting kit,(woods #1011025) it does not bolt up directly to the loader. I drilled holes in the front arms, and added some spacers to make it fit. The 4-point is a better mount in my opinion. I can take a close up picture if you'd like.

Hi bonz
I also have a DK 45 - 2009 with cab. Would love a few close up pics and a ball park on cost if you don't mind - PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

The sub frame is dead simple. Pretty much a ladder type with two guides to help it "snick" into the bracket on the belly. I suppose one could make it oneself quite easily. I can supply measurements and pix.

Hello o2batsea
Did you fabricate your own? I have a friend with a great shop who can probably handle this. We (he:)) built a CadCam backhoe a few years ago and we may consider converting it to a tractor mount. Everything I have heard and read points to sub-frame and not 3 PH so measurements and pix would be great - costs would also be helpful. PM if you refer.

Bob

/ DK45 subframe #13  
Bob The cab tractor is WAY different and the Woods mount will not even be close to what you need.

/ DK45 subframe #15  
Thanks Rick

Any idea what kind of mount would I need to purchase or to copy for this project?
Bob

The only manufactures that make a bolt on subframe kit for your machine is Kioti.
Bobcat also has a subframe but it is the same style as the Kioti (ladder style)

/ DK45 subframe
Just an update on what I finally did on my DK45. I ran across a great deal on a Woods BH90-X. Not in Orange but in New Holland Blue. My wife has already nick named it "Ole Blue". I did get the 12" bucket since I will mostly be digging stumps and trenches.

I ordered the 4pt subframe 1011026 and must agree that it seems the best way to go. Only takes about 15 minutes to remove or put on the backhoe by myself.

Woods did say that technically it would not fit.

My thanks to Bonz for the tip on the front bracket. I have included a picture of that. In the picture it shows the oversized washers I used initially to get the spacing. I have since made some spacers out of scrap steel.

Woods had said their subframe would not fit because of the bracket on the support arm for the KL249 loader where it bolts on at the rear of the tractor. My solution was to cut the bracket off the support arm, rotate it down 90 degrees, move it forward 5 1/2" then weld it back to the support arm. That allowed the woods subframe to slide into place and still allowed me to bolt the KL249 support arm to the woods subframe there at the rear of the tractor. See the attached photos.

I've only done a little digging, practice off in the woods so I didn't draw a crowd of laughter. I see lots of time together with "Ole Blue" doing some digging. Being a novice I also like the control to slow down the swing.

Can't wait to try out the thumb!

Attachments

• DSC_2615.jpg
    DSC_2615.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC_2637.jpg
    DSC_2637.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC_2640.jpg
    DSC_2640.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC_2678.jpg