Does anyone here know who made this air compressor?

/ Does anyone here know who made this air compressor? #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
I just purchased this compressor for $150 to replace a 10 years old harbor freight compressor.
The prior owner said it was made by Jenny but I couldn't rocated any model number or serial number label on the tank.
I researched it on the internet but only found the pump was made by Jenny. It is a K pump..
After I replaced all the gauges and tubes, it works so well without any leaks.
I set up the 95 PSI cut in and 125 PSI for the cut out.
If anyone knows which company made and model number, please share with me.
Will be much appreciated 😉😉
Jkk
DSCN4581.JPG

DSCN4575.JPG

Last edited:
   / Does anyone here know who made this air compressor? #2  
The "Compressor" may be made by Jenny but the whole configuration sort looks like it is a DIY compressor made from several parts salvaged and put together to form a unit....I have a tank that looks very similar with that handle and wheel configuration that came from a Craftsman branded compressor that has failed and now tank is only used as a portable air tank.... The motor seems to be designed to be mounted very much differently the way it is put to use here...

/ Does anyone here know who made this air compressor? #3  
I also had a Craftsman setup where the tank and everything looked the same but the compressor and motor are different.

/ Does anyone here know who made this air compressor? #4  
It’s an Emglo model K pump. Emglo was bought by Jenny in the early 2000’s. It might be a Jenny brand depending on the year of manufacture.
They are in Pennsylvania.

/ Does anyone here know who made this air compressor?
The "Compressor" may be made by Jenny but the whole configuration sort looks like it is a DIY compressor made from several parts salvaged and put together to form a unit....I have a tank that looks very similar with that handle and wheel configuration that came from a Craftsman branded compressor that has failed and now tank is only used as a portable air tank.... The motor seems to be designed to be mounted very much differently the way it is put to use here...
That is exactly what I thought.
Anyway, the compressor works really well.
If the pump and motor fails then pump parts are available and can be repaired easily because it is a Jenny K pump.
Also, any 1 hp 3450rpm single phase motor should be good to go.
Thank you for your comment.
Jkk

/ Does anyone here know who made this air compressor? #6  
The K pump was usually paired with a 1-1/2 Hp 1725 rpm motor or a 5 Hp gas engine.

/ Does anyone here know who made this air compressor? #7  
The old Emglo compressors are very good, I have one of their gas-powered units and it's been great.

P1000772-S.jpg

SR

I just discovered that the compressor tank came from a Craftsman 5hp 30-gallon tank then replaced a jenny k model pump along the 1 hp GE electric motor.
The previous owner configured it really well except no non-working gauge, no regulator, and leaking on all tube connections.
I replaced the gauge, all tubes, and added a regulator, quick connector, and replaced oil 2 times for flushing. The pump oil was so bad.
It works so well now and no complaints for paying $150😅😅
Hope it lasts a long time.
jkk
DSCN4555.JPG

Screenshot_20221112-170322_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Purchased 2 silencer air filter for pump from amazon for $10.00.

It works fantastic. not much noise and works really well.

I am very satisfied.
ff.jpg
20221114_132248.jpg
1.jpg