Dolmar now Makita what changed???

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed???
Well update time. I am about to pull the trigger on a EA 7300PRZ with a 32" bar but will run my 20" bar on it most of the time.

My PS 510 is still going and love it.

Mike

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed??? #22  
New?

It's only 50-70 bucks more for the 7900 here over the 7300. I can get a new 7900 for 725 PHO

IMO dont make since unless your saving 100's over that.

m7900.jpg

Dang well I had already ordered it when I posted. Thanks for the information though never know when I get another.

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed??? #24  
Thought that I read that Makita was going to devote future to only battery powered tools, hence dropping gas chain saws.

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed??? #25  
Thought that I read that Makita was going to devote future to only battery powered tools, hence dropping gas chain saws.
March 31, 2022 end of the production of all gas products, So no gas blowers, trimmers, chainsaws, concrete saws, water pumps

Well I am happy with my current PS510 hopefully my new one will last long enough to still get parts if needed.

Update and another question!!

Ok had the New Makita for a few months now and very happy with the 7300 so far. Big difference from the 510 and I like it.

I have done a few slabs with the 30" bar and got the chains from my dealer but My question is: Is there a particular style of chain I should be using for the mill vs just my regular log cutting?

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed??? #28  
I use Granberg ripping chain and have had decent luck with my slabs.

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed??? #29  
Update and another question!!

Ok had the New Makita for a few months now and very happy with the 7300 so far. Big difference from the 510 and I like it.

I have done a few slabs with the 30" bar and got the chains from my dealer but My question is: Is there a particular style of chain I should be using for the mill vs just my regular log cutting?
sawmill style slabbing should be done with ripping chain. Basically the top plate angle on the teeth is ground at a different angle. 10 degrees if I remember correctly and some are even ground at 0 degrees, basically filed straight across as opposed to the 25 for full chisel and 30 for semi chisel.

/ Dolmar now Makita what changed??? #30  
I just ran a rental orange Makita today. My older blue Makita 20” (6401??) failed me today. She’s having a problem with the stop/run sliding switch and needs a tune.
The rental saw was a beast, but if you are big handed, like me and wearing gloves, you cannot operate the stop/run/choke switch without removing gloves. The cover nuts backed off, too. Luckily they had retainers or we woulda been screwed. Once I tightened them FARM tight they were fine.
I‘d buy one, but that switch isn’t the best