Drone suggestion

/ Drone suggestion #452  
they will sit still in 15mph wind. i have flown mine at full speed. straight and wonder why it slowed down, when it got over head, it was pinned at 45% angle into the wind keeping it straight. I am comfortable flying it in my living room

I'm also located in PA. I looked at the Mavic Air 1 last year but the regulations and red tape associated with flying a drone where I live made me change my mind. Among others, I have to register the drone with the FAA and take a recreational UAS safety test.

I use an app on my phone and a PC program to check where it's legal to fly. Just about every municipal, state and national park bans their use.

To make it worse, I live on 25 acres in a rural part of the state but I'm within 5 miles of a small private airport. The FAA regulations require I call the airport tower to notify them I'm going to fly and get confirmation. When I call, I get an answering machine and can't get this confirmation. I can't even leave a message since their mailbox is always full. This means I can't legally fly a drone on my own property!

Do all the drone owners here actually adhere to these regulations and just how strictly are they enforced?

/ Drone suggestion #453  
I'm also located in PA. I looked at the Mavic Air 1 last year but the regulations and red tape associated with flying a drone where I live made me change my mind. Among others, I have to register the drone with the FAA and take a recreational UAS safety test.

I use an app on my phone and a PC program to check where it's legal to fly. Just about every municipal, state and national park bans their use.

To make it worse, I live on 25 acres in a rural part of the state but I'm within 5 miles of a small private airport. The FAA regulations require I call the airport tower to notify them I'm going to fly and get confirmation. When I call, I get an answering machine and can't get this confirmation. I can't even leave a message since their mailbox is always full. This means I can't legally fly a drone on my own property!

Do all the drone owners here actually adhere to these regulations and just how strictly are they enforced?
I guess I am a bit of a rebel. You've done everything within reason. It it were me, I'd use it on my own property. As long as you are not doing anything otherwise illegal or bothering your neighbors, I doubt you will have a problem. That being said, I would fight it if i did get in trouble. No jury is going to convict you if you did your part and they didn't respond. (again, only if you are otherwise behaving)

/ Drone suggestion #454  
I’m 2.5 miles from small private strip, but according to FAA app on drone, using my gps data, i can fly it legally as long as I stay under 400’ elevation. Don’t have to call anyone.

/ Drone suggestion #455  
Well I am over the moon with the capabilities of the Air 2S. They are amazing drones. The smart Controller was well worth the purchase. It is a pity you don't get the choice of controller when purchasing as the original just sits in the box.
It is difficult to run into anything with this drone due to the anti collision sensors all over it. I haven't come close to hitting anything at all. I have heaps of trees. Videos are superb and I have flown in 30 klm winds to try it out and it is rock steady video. I have some neighbours who want me to do some nature video at their place in the next week or so.
I have no restrictions but height where I fly. My property is also registered as a flying model field as an affiliate of our model club some 30 klm away. Nearest airport is about 10 klm LOS. Flying sites are unlimited really around here. I feel for those tied down with regs.
A small tip for owners.
There are 2 settings for location. 1 is just GPS and the other is GPS and Phone. Just use the GPS ONLY. It is more accurate then the GPS/Phone setting.
Have fun. (like I do)
PS. I am wary of what I post on You Tube. Most of my vids are private and shared only with trusted friends, some who also have drones.

/ Drone suggestion #456  
I have some neighbours who want me to do some nature video at their place in the next week or so.
Be careful, here in the states doing a 'nature' video could get you in trouble 😉

/ Drone suggestion #457  
LOL not 'that' type.
Incidentally, another tip. I always set my zoom on 2x as it gives a more realistic view when flying FPV.

/ Drone suggestion #458  
I was told the air2s does not have zoom capabilities?

/ Drone suggestion #459  
It has 6x zoom but it is digital zoom. I have never used that much except to try it and it goes too fuzzy as expected with digital.

/ Drone suggestion #460  
This is a chopped clip of a vid over our flying field. It is 2x zoom. 1080P as I rarely video in 4 or 5K due to the amount of time it takes to d'load and edit etc.