Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no?

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #1  

boostmg

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3620 TLB Hydro
Well i'm already breaking my first rule which is i don't want to cheap out on any attachments. However the pallet fork market is proving a bit annoying as i hear you can get them used for cheap but i seem unable to do that.

Also i can get 2k lbs capacity for $500 which is nice but it seems like 4k lbs capacity is a safer bet, but then that jumps to almost $800.

Not to mention finding 42" over 48" is a struggle with local dealers, also headache racks seem to be lacking locally.

So i was on ebay and saw these and they seem to check all the boxes, 42" length, headache rack, and $600 shipped 42" ES PALLET FORK ATTACHMENT SKID STEER QUICK ATTACH MOUNT FREE SHIPPING | eBay

Anyone have any experience with them? Are they good to go? Stay away?

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #2  
Having been in fork lift industry, a CUT owner and DIY fork owner I'd suggest that you would have a very difficult time to better that deal.
(Only an intense fire could render those useless or dangerous.)
42" will handle 90% of your needs, longer just gets very clumsy to maneuver.

I recently went on a 'fork search' with a friend and $500 was a common price for bare used forks in my area.

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #3  
Deals can be found. I got a set of bare forks at a farm auction for $50. They were mounted to a homemade plate which i removed to the scrap pile. The forks are now installed on a newJD compatible QD frame with headache rack from Titan.

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #4  
If your loader is rated for less then 2k then buying forks that can lift more than 2k is not only a waste of money but will also further limit how much weight you'll be able to lift as the higher capacity forks will be heavier robbing you of load lift capacity.
Well at least that's how I'd look at it.

E.

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #5  
If your loader is rated for less then 2k then buying forks that can lift more than 2k is not only a waste of money but will also further limit how much weight you'll be able to lift as the higher capacity forks will be heavier robbing you of load lift capacity.
Well at least that's how I'd look at it.

E.
Unless you want to do "creative" stuff with your forks, like pop out small trees or rocks. then the thicker forks give you a bit more safety net against bending. I have 48" forks 4k forks, and they are unwieldy, but I would not trade them for 42" at this point. More then once that extra 6 inches made the difference between being able to unload a truck or not.

I paid $900CAD for mine, which i thought was steep, but I guess that's reasonable given what I read here. I don't have a full headache rack, just 2 hoops, but they have been sufficient so far.

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #6  
Have a set of Virnig 42" 4K forks and managed to bend a tine trying to work a mountain top out of the garden [it's still there].
I bought a 2k Ebay tine as a temp replacement till I can get the bent one straightened.
Then I will use the 3rd tine to give the grapple more surface to hold smaller log and stones.

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no?
My loader lifts 2700 at pins, breakout force is 3600.

i figure 2k is fine for most situations, however if i did want to try and pop a rock or stump, that 4K offers added Insurnace.

Also if for whatever reason i needed to use only 1 blade to life something, i have 2k of lifting capacity instead of 1k

/ Ebay Pallet Forks? G2G or no? #8  
I ju
Well i'm already breaking my first rule which is i don't want to cheap out on any attachments. However the pallet fork market is proving a bit annoying as i hear you can get them used for cheap but i seem unable to do that.

Also i can get 2k lbs capacity for $500 which is nice but it seems like 4k lbs capacity is a safer bet, but then that jumps to almost $800.

Not to mention finding 42" over 48" is a struggle with local dealers, also headache racks seem to be lacking locally.

So i was on ebay and saw these and they seem to check all the boxes, 42" length, headache rack, and $600 shipped 42" ES PALLET FORK ATTACHMENT SKID STEER QUICK ATTACH MOUNT FREE SHIPPING | eBay

Anyone have any experience with them? Are they good to go? Stay away?
I just looked at them from the link you posted. Today they are $600 for the 42" and $650 for the 48". I wonder if they mis-posted the product initially. If you got them for 500 then that was a great deal.