Electric Leaf Mulcher ?

/ Electric Leaf Mulcher ? #31  
I am lazy. I would use gator blades to grind up the leaves and leave then on the lawn for fertilizer. If I needed four 50 gal bags of mulch in the spring, I would buy them.

/ Electric Leaf Mulcher ?
I am lazy. I would use gator blades to grind up the leaves and leave then on the lawn for fertilizer. If I needed four 50 gal bags of mulch in the spring, I would buy them.
Yeah, I do not "Need" the mulch. For me, it is I have enough leaves to "use" some and would like to. The whole thread was triggered from me just asking if anyone owned / used one of the electric top feed models that chew them up and put them in a bag below. If they worked well and fairly hassle free, I would consider.
Apparently, no one has one of these "cheaper" $100 class models, but people say run them over with the mower. YES, I get it! I have done that many years. I will make do as every year.

/ Electric Leaf Mulcher ? #33  
GeneV, correct, I did say it that way. To me there is a huge amount. Guess that was started incorrectly. I should have said "too many to keep messing with the over the shoulder bag leaf blower/vac" :) The post oaks (30-40' tall), four near the house, do drop a lot, but I do not "process" all the leaves for mulch or compost.
I purchased a new Hustler Fastrak ZTR this Spring. They make a nice metal side bagger that would be perfect - mesh wire but does not go to the back into bags, just hangs off the side. I thought, this is perfect. Then I saw the price and almost gagged. WOW
Sorry for the confusion. The electric model shredder may work. I started this thread ONLY to see if someone owned one and could give me a review. Had mixed feelings after watching Utube / reading reviews. My post oaks from many branchlets (3-4 leaves with connecting wood) and some users complain the string breaks all the time ?
So I'm not wanting to give unsolicited advice as I mentioned earlier, or obviously to hijack your thread. But since you're were talking about side grass/leaf catchers, here was me just recently, might give you some options to consider:

The catcher I got was pretty cheap, $263. I thought I was getting an awesome deal, but when it arrived I realized how heavy this all-steel sucker is! And then talking to landscapers, I found out most of them use aluminum ones for that very reason. But when I actually used it, it was ok...would definitely get tiring if you had to dump it a bunch of times.