Erie Homeowners Insurance

/ Erie Homeowners Insurance #1  

Hexa Fox

Silver Member
Tractor
Wishing
Hey guys,

I have gotten some great feedback from you guys and I really appreciate it. So I was hoping to get a little more. So I have had Nationwide for my motor vehicles for my entire life and State Farm for my homeowners insurance. So I have never gotten a ticket or been involved in an accident where I was at fault. However, Nationwide has been steadily increasing insurance on my vehicles over the years. I have a 2011 Toyota Camry and a 2017 GMC Sierra and they were easily costing me $2,500+ a year. So anyway I moved the car over to Erie and the rates were very comparable to Nationwide for premiums. He cut my payment by more than half. This is full coverage by the way.

Anyway he told me to come back to him if I was interested in swapping my homeowners insurance too. He said he was certain he would give me a much better rate there as well. Right now I have State Farm and I know a lot of people of our "country living" variety like State Farm. I was just watching a horror story where a brand new tractor caught fire, the manufacturer refused to warranty it and thankfully the homeowners insurance stepped in and made it right. So this is basically my question. Have any of you guys had to make a claim with Erie? I know they are 'big' but how do they compare to these other giants such as State Farm and Nationwide? Have you guys ever had a make a claim?

Like I said Nationwide has been amazing for service over the years, I'm just done paying a small fortune. If I get good feedback I plan to swap my truck and homeowners insurance over to Erie as well. Having that said, I know nothing about them besides the little bit of reviews I read online.

I am also thinking about moving things like my 2011 Camry back to liability coverage. I think if I remember correctly when a vehicle is totaled they give you what the lowest KBB estimate is. Still a super nice car, just probably not worth that much money on paper. Well I would love to hear your guys feedback on this.

/ Erie Homeowners Insurance #2  
Hey guys,

I have gotten some great feedback from you guys and I really appreciate it. So I was hoping to get a little more. So I have had Nationwide for my motor vehicles for my entire life and State Farm for my homeowners insurance. So I have never gotten a ticket or been involved in an accident where I was at fault. However, Nationwide has been steadily increasing insurance on my vehicles over the years. I have a 2011 Toyota Camry and a 2017 GMC Sierra and they were easily costing me $2,500+ a year. So anyway I moved the car over to Erie and the rates were very comparable to Nationwide for premiums. He cut my payment by more than half. This is full coverage by the way.
We had Erie insurance for 25+ years for home and auto. Great rates. Very particular who they take on as clients.

We we moved to SC, they don't do business here because of the hurricane probability on the coast. We live on the west side of the state (near GA) but they exclude the entire state. If I could, I'd buy from them in a heart beat.

/ Erie Homeowners Insurance
We had Erie insurance for 25+ years for home and auto. Great rates. Very particular who they take on as clients.

We we moved to SC, they don't do business here because of the hurricane probability on the coast. We live on the west side of the state (near GA) but they exclude the entire state. If I could, I'd buy from them in a heart beat.

Thank you for the reply.