Erratic tachometer reading on CK35 HST

/ Erratic tachometer reading on CK35 HST
After a couple days where the Kioti manual website wasn't accessible, I was finally able to download the workshop manual.

Looks like the pick up sensor they mention on the manuals is on the right side of the engine, towards the front. Also looks somewhat exposed to brush and sticks that could mess up the wiring, unless the hood covers it.
Yep... There it is! They don't make it easy to get to. It's just above the oil filter and behind the frame. Looks like a single bolt attaching it to the engine. Any thoughts on how to test this thing? Wires look okay and connector seems in good shape. I could just replace it but it's like $100 with shipping, which is fine if it fixes the problem. But I'd be mighty disappointed if I swapped it out and still had the issue.

/ Erratic tachometer reading on CK35 HST #12  
I was having issues on my NX with the tach not working. Here is the link to thread on that. TN8man had a good post with the frequency that the pick up sensor would be reading at different RPMs.

You should be able to hook up a multi meter with a frequency setting or even better yet an oscilloscope and read out the frequency. Your engine may have have a different scale but if its a bad sensor I would think you could see the frequency jump around at the same rpm range as your tach does.

/ Erratic tachometer reading on CK35 HST
I was having issues on my NX with the tach not working. Here is the link to thread on that. TN8man had a good post with the frequency that the pick up sensor would be reading at different RPMs.

You should be able to hook up a multi meter with a frequency setting or even better yet an oscilloscope and read out the frequency. Your engine may have have a different scale but if its a bad sensor I would think you could see the frequency jump around at the same rpm range as your tach does.
Thanks... Good idea. I don't have access to an oscilloscope so I'll check to see if my multimeter has a frequency setting.