European Tym T475

/ European Tym T475 #11  
Hey Phil,

Oh I'm sure they will find an excuse to increase the prices. They can come up with all kinds of non sense to justify a price increase. :laughing:

I agree. Kubota is just too much and hard to justify the extra cost.

I can give you a little bit of the my tractor buying story.

This happened in 2017 and I had a fully restored Kubota B7000 plus homemade loader and a fully restored 1962 Toselli crawler tractor with 26 HP. Both of these tractors I was going to trade in for an used and bigger one.

After checking dealers for Kubota, Iseki, Kioti, Antonio Carraro, Landini and New Holland, pretty much all of them come at me with an arrogant and rude speech and after showing some pictures of the tractors I was going to trade in, they didn't care at all. I'm still waiting for a call of three dealers that said they would check out my tractors. The Kubota and Landini dealers were the worst of them all. I guess that most of the big dealers don't care for the little guys...

I finally was going on the road and decided to stop by the Branson dealer, which is actually the closest to me. It is a smaller dealer, only the boss, the mechanic and the accountant. I was looking for an used tractor but he gave me such a good deal on the Branson that I just couldn't refuse, plus he valued my two trade in tractors for a lot more that I was expecting. The tractor is bit too big as I said in the previous post but I can still make it work just fine.

The Antonio Carraro also give me a good price on the 4400F but since it was the first one I checked out, I was still waiting to check out other options. The loader would be a slight issue but not the end of the world as I could build one for my backhoe or just build one for the 3pt of the AC tractor.

I ended up getting the Branson for a bit less than €14.000. The equivalent Kubota L2351 is no less than €18.000 and doesn't even come with most features that the Branson came, like quick attach hooks, a set of remotes, telescopic stabilizers and some more stuff I can't recall right now.

I didn't check any TYM dealers because I don't think I have a dealer nearby nor on the routes I usually have to drive through, so didn't even came to mind to search more about it. The LS dealer wasn't available at the time I was dealer and ended up not going that route either as the Branson came up right after.

Later on that year, I did check a TYM T353. I could see right away that wasn't built as heavily as the Branson but it was still heavier than the competition. The main think I liked was the fact that it did come standard with the joystick valve with fender mounted controls. That would saved me a bit of the hassle when I built the loader for the Branson.

In the future, we plan on growing olive trees on some ground that we inherited from the passing away of my grandmother earlier this year, so I'm expecting to use the tractor a lot more for those kind of jobs, like mowing, tilling, maybe get a cultivator in the future. We don't want that land to just grow up on brush and stuff.

/ European Tym T475
Hey Phil,

Oh I'm sure they will find an excuse to increase the prices. They can come up with all kinds of non sense to justify a price increase. :laughing:

I agree. Kubota is just too much and hard to justify the extra cost.

I can give you a little bit of the my tractor buying story.

This happened in 2017 and I had a fully restored Kubota B7000 plus homemade loader and a fully restored 1962 Toselli crawler tractor with 26 HP. Both of these tractors I was going to trade in for an used and bigger one.

After checking dealers for Kubota, Iseki, Kioti, Antonio Carraro, Landini and New Holland, pretty much all of them come at me with an arrogant and rude speech and after showing some pictures of the tractors I was going to trade in, they didn't care at all. I'm still waiting for a call of three dealers that said they would check out my tractors. The Kubota and Landini dealers were the worst of them all. I guess that most of the big dealers don't care for the little guys...

I finally was going on the road and decided to stop by the Branson dealer, which is actually the closest to me. It is a smaller dealer, only the boss, the mechanic and the accountant. I was looking for an used tractor but he gave me such a good deal on the Branson that I just couldn't refuse, plus he valued my two trade in tractors for a lot more that I was expecting. The tractor is bit too big as I said in the previous post but I can still make it work just fine.

The Antonio Carraro also give me a good price on the 4400F but since it was the first one I checked out, I was still waiting to check out other options. The loader would be a slight issue but not the end of the world as I could build one for my backhoe or just build one for the 3pt of the AC tractor.

I ended up getting the Branson for a bit less than €14.000. The equivalent Kubota L2351 is no less than €18.000 and doesn't even come with most features that the Branson came, like quick attach hooks, a set of remotes, telescopic stabilizers and some more stuff I can't recall right now.

I didn't check any TYM dealers because I don't think I have a dealer nearby nor on the routes I usually have to drive through, so didn't even came to mind to search more about it. The LS dealer wasn't available at the time I was dealer and ended up not going that route either as the Branson came up right after.

Later on that year, I did check a TYM T353. I could see right away that wasn't built as heavily as the Branson but it was still heavier than the competition. The main think I liked was the fact that it did come standard with the joystick valve with fender mounted controls. That would saved me a bit of the hassle when I built the loader for the Branson.

In the future, we plan on growing olive trees on some ground that we inherited from the passing away of my grandmother earlier this year, so I'm expecting to use the tractor a lot more for those kind of jobs, like mowing, tilling, maybe get a cultivator in the future. We don't want that land to just grow up on brush and stuff.

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for your tractor buying story.
You are 100 % right, big dealers of big brands don't really care of little guys.
If you buy a 100 HP brand new Kubota, for sure the dealer will considerate you...
Better to buy a Branson or a Tym from a local familial dealer than a New Holland from the main dealer in the country....

I have too olive trees (only for oil). They are 300 years old and so overgrown and high that I would need an hydraulic platform cherry picker to prune them (not sure it is the correct english word !!). As they are on steep slopes this cherry picker should be tracked !

Phil